Notices

Thread: Engine Management Light

1. Engine Management Light 
    Light just came on, need help.

Oil and temp OK

Starts, idles and performs normally.

No steam, smoke or drips.

No funny noises.

Need to do some miles over next 2 days...any advice welcome.

Ta
    I only have one vice…I lie.

what bike is it ?
    it could be an electrical fault some where that has tripped the limp mode. depending on the bike some need to be run from cold to hot (fan kicking in ) three times and if the fault is not there the light will turn off ???

Cheers 8 ball (or can I call you 8?).

Similar advice from elsewhere, tried and failed. Finally, via multiple links, got the answer from the states. Needs to start and get to fan-temperature WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE.
    Blipping the throttle puts everything back to the beginning.
    The bike checks all the sensors ENDING with the fan.

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Cheers 8 ball (or can I call you 8?).

Similar advice from elsewhere, tried and failed. Finally, via multiple links, got the answer from the states. Needs to start and get to fan-temperature WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE.
    Blipping the throttle puts everything back to the beginning.
    The bike checks all the sensors ENDING with the fan.

Ha!
    and then thelight goes out ??? sorry i should of gone into more depth about start and leave to heat its self , sorry but its pretty much the same with most, my triumph is 98 injection and you can riide to heat others you can not

Yep the 'don't touch anything' trick worked. Start from cold, fan on, leave to cold. Start up, no light.
    Not au fait with modern bike wizardry, all smoke and mirrors to me. Also 50% senile so need one syllable instructions.
    Was down round your way today researching a ride for the Bristol lot. Hope some of you WBs will join us.

OK. That sounds interesting .... I'll give it a go with my DFI red light problem. Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Well .... Finally got my DFI problem fixed .... just before my trip to Bordeaux!

It had Kawasaki DFI error code 56, which, incidentally, is Radiator Fan Relay open or short circuit ! Checked the fan ... working. Fan fuse OK. Thermostat resistance within limits, so ok. Switch ok. Fan relay Ohms ok for terminals 17,20,18, and 19. Yellow and Blk lead to fuse in main fuse box, grounded, so ok. Green lead to fuse, no power? So, fault with lead or fault with ECU ( ouch ! £650 for a replacement ). As I pulled out the Fuse box, for a further look, I saw a rusty green lead plop out of its connector .... Problem solved!!! .

Conclusion .... Some Muppet at Kawasaki placed the (open) Main Fuse Box on the VN900, right above the rear wheel belt drive, so that it can be washed with spray at regular intervals when the roads are wet.
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!