Notices

Thread: Garage Recommendation & some help please

1. Garage Recommendation & some help please 
    Good Morning all,

I've returned to this site after many years away (6 I think) - good to see that it is alive and well!

Sorry that my very first post back is a request for help, however - I'm after a little help please; I wonder if anyone would be able to recommend a garage locally (I live in Bath) that can sort out my BMW GS? In essence I can't ride it as there is a problem with the throttle cable, which appears to be jammed/stuck/broken & the bike only revs at 8000rpm.

I need to get the throttle cable replaced, the bike serviced and MOT'd. I have called a few places in Melksham and Bath most places "haven't done much on Beemers/boxer engines" or can't collect it. I have dropped a quick pm to someone on here to see if they can transport the bike for me and am waiting for a response.

Failing that if anyone is near to Bath and willing to sort out the cable for me - I'm happy to pay fuel costs and keep you full of tea and biscuits.

Regards All,

Myles Tagoyet (it's a play on words)

Banned
    Hi Myles

It sounds like something a member could get sorted for you without costing much, but if you go down the pro fix route, Rob Jones is a top guy and works mobile.

http://bathmotorbikerepairs.com/

He also does marshalling at Castle Combe so a familiar face to anyone who rides there

As njl says. Ive used him a few times and definitely knows his stuff. Top Geezer
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Diamond Member
    What model and year GS is it?

Afternoon folks,

Thank you for the replies - I have tried Rob Jones (having heard good things about him) alas he was unable to help, as he was unsure about GS & the throttle positions sensors, I applaud his honesty. Personally, I wasn't too fused about the TPS aspect, as once it is running, I can ride it and get it sorted.....

WRT the model, it is an R1150GS

If I can get the cable sorted, I can get it serviced, MOT'd and ride it again.