Notices

Thread: Definitely excessive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I'm obviously well out of touch but really, jail for speeding? I could nick your bike, ride it with no insurance and still get off with a small fine and points or short ban and would need to commit several similar offences (maybe dozens) before jail was a real liklehood
    I think a lot of people would disagree on the basis that he was endangering the lives of all the other road users he encountered. It was not a simple case of speeding with a clear road ahead. He was switching lanes, weaving in and out of traffic at speeds in excess of 100 mph. As already stated by Dan he is one very lucky chappy.
    Last edited by redken1; 31-03-15 at 07:41 PM.

Platinum Member
    My god you lot don't get any younger do ya!? Meh, looks just like my summer commute, bar a pillion

Let those who have never exceeded 100mph on her majesties roads reply, everyone else zip it

Diamond Member
    So you think it is acceptable to undertake in excess of 100mph in the slow lane on the motorway carrying a pillion?
    Last edited by redken1; 31-03-15 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    So you think it is acceptable to undertake in excess of 100mph in the slow lane on the motorway carrying a pillion?
    I am sure Mitch was being sarcastic, hence the winky smilie at the end.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Dave View Post
    I am sure Mitch was being sarcastic, hence the winky smilie at the end.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    Apologies should have noticed the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    I think a lot of people would disagree on the basis that he was endangering the lives of all the other road users he encountered. It was not a simple case of speeding with a clear road ahead. He was switching lanes, weaving in and out of traffic at speeds in excess of 100 mph. As already stated by Dan he is one very lucky chappy.
    I was commenting on the suggestion of jail for doing 150mph and how out of touch I am with views on whether speeding itself warrants a jail term compared to other 'crimes' rather than the dick head riding of the guy in the video. TBH if he is the type of person who has scant regard for pillion or other road users + crap awareness of what's happening behind him (a dodgy bike up your chuff at those speeds?) then he deserves all he gets.

I often went out with the boss in one of my first jobs (late 60s) mostly on the M4 corridor between Cardiff and Reading. He would rarely fall below three figures in the 3 l Granada and regularly cruised at 115 or so. Didn't seem a problem at the time.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Speed's not a problem, it's the inability to stop or react when something changes... like someone swerving or changing lanes in this case. I also think he didn't do 148, the one following did that speed to catch up, still barmy though. Would be another statistic for people to point at bikes and say they are dangerous.
    Triumph Sprint riding Karate nut...

I used to have a Suzuki AP50 that would have given him a run for his money. As all us sixteen year olds knew our bikes could go supersonic

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    I used to have a Suzuki AP50 that would have given him a run for his money. As all us sixteen year olds knew our bikes could go supersonic
    Even I would have to admit that my AP50 wouldn't keep up with that but I recall a couple of 'fizzy' owners (boo, hiss) that would have claimed they could! It was great being 16, not only did you believe anything but you thought everyone else did as well ; )