Notices

Thread: Definitely excessive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Even I would have to admit that my AP50 wouldn't keep up with that but I recall a couple of 'fizzy' owners (boo, hiss) that would have claimed they could! It was great being 16, not only did you believe anything but you thought everyone else did as well ; )
    Fizzies were King. I progressed to a GT185 at 17 and recall thinking why would anyone want a bike bigger than this. Such thoughts lasted about a week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    I often went out with the boss in one of my first jobs (late 60s) mostly on the M4 corridor between Cardiff and Reading. He would rarely fall below three figures in the 3 l Granada and regularly cruised at 115 or so. Didn't seem a problem at the time.
    It probably wasn't. I bet there was a quarter of the traffic on the road.
    There are so many people who jump on speed as being a killer. It like a loaded gun. On its own it's harmless. Throw a d*ckhead into the mix and that's when people start getting hurt.

I remember My dad telling me about when he used to work for Marcos cars and was driving the van down the M4 when a Ford GT40, in full race livery complete with flames shooting out of the pipes, passed him so fast it shook the van.
    Maybe it was a 3l Granada?

Banned
    Back in the day AP50's were quick . Not sure you'd get 150 out of one though.
    Maybe 140 if you were led on the tank with the wind behind you.