Notices

Thread: Sad loss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A bit of supposition going on here. It will be a while before the story truly unfolds. But, whatever the result of that, we all have a knowledge of what our particular machines can do. We understand that, as experienced riders we can make judgements based on the knowledge of our particular bike. The guy may have been riding a brand new machine to him and didn't know its limits. In which case he shouldn't have been planning moves that he wouldn't have been able to judge.
    But...as i said, all supposition...
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

He wasn't on a restricted 50 moped but a 125 scoot

Mr Snook, who was riding a Yamaha 125cc moped
    Source - http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news...named/?ref=rss

not jumping on any band wagons, just stating fact.
    I work/ed with 3 or 4 older (40+) riders of 50cc scooters and upto 125 usually chinese bikes. they all say trying to get upchequers hill on the A4 between Chip and Corsham they got so much trouble with cars overtaking and cutting back in, lorries right up their backs or being forced into the gutter that they all diverted round the back lanes taking their chances with mud and dirt rather than A road.

also from experience, my eldest has just sorted his accident after 3 years, after a van pulled across in front of him. the biker was travelling at speed, was the comment from witnesses. only proved incorrect as they witnessed the wrong bike.

Diamond Member
    I shall reserve judgement until the full investigation findings are in the public domain. Whatever the outcome it won’t bring back this young fella taken in his prime. My thoughts go out to his family. Always sad news.