Notices

Thread: Editing software

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    It should run moviemaker then. Do you have the other things it needs installed? Off the top of my head media player and photo gallery.
    I don't know I'll have to check that.

Thank you very much really appreciate your help 😀

I use adobe premiere, however if you have issues with your graphics card on moviemaker I don't think this would run either.

James, on imovie if you encode the video in m4v format you can just change the filetype to mp4 as the container is the same. Saves reencoding it, failing that as far as I know YouTube should support mov files anyway which would save it been converted twice (once to mp4 and another time when YouTube encodes it again)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

it's imovie that won't import the .mov mate, so it's having to be re-encoded before I can edit it :/ After that it's all ok
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

I have a work PC and couldnt download moviemaker until I convinced IT it was for work purposes, I tried the other windows apps and couldn't get along with any.

I think its definitely worthwhile trying to get moviemaker to download and sorting the error message, then crop the videos, send them to your phone via email, the edit them in imovie - but thats assuming you have an iphone.

At last I have Windows Moviemaker spent ages messing about checking various things and after running some updates I tried it and was able to open it.

Wouldnt have bothered had it not been for WR6133 as I just thought my video cards were the problem so big thanks again for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    I have a work PC and couldnt download moviemaker until I convinced IT it was for work purposes, I tried the other windows apps and couldn't get along with any.

I think its definitely worthwhile trying to get moviemaker to download and sorting the error message, then crop the videos, send them to your phone via email, the edit them in imovie - but thats assuming you have an iphone.
    Thanks WhyNot yep I've got an iphone 5 will take a look at that app

I have Adobe Premier but find AppGeeker Editor www.appgeeker.com is easier to use and the result is all I am looking for.

If your having trouble with Edit software - use something like MPEG Streamclip www.squared5.com to transcode your footage into a more manageable format for any editing software. I use Final Cut X. Or PC based is Premier pro, I know Premier Pro doesn't like H.264 encoding which DSLRS and some Helmet cams record to, so I transcode using MPEG Streamclip. Hope that helps. If you want your stuff to look extra special, experiment with something like Magic Bullet looks...

Quote Originally Posted by QB1 View Post
    Thanks WhyNot yep I've got an iphone 5 will take a look at that app
    Great news! That should be all you need, be sure to share some of your videos

I have only just got a camera and I us Microsoft movie maker, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMkODVaVvG8