I am of an age to remember when the streets was empty, when a car was a dream, and a pipe dream at that, when men walked or got a bus or had a bicycle too go too work and if lucky enough could just about save up for a motorcycle, at the time the lack of training and proper testing, and lack of legislation surrounding safety equipment lead to carnage on the roads, this lead to the motorcycle getting the reputation of being death traps, now much of this has changed but the motorcycles reputation has largely not, I believe that this is now unjustifiable, but going back in time the motorcycle was always hobson's choice, and the car would if could be the first choice, now car's over the years have become great value for money, and hobson's choice has become very much less so, servicing chargers, mpg, and so on. this I believe is more too do with why motorcycles are not so popular, on the up side I got into motorcycling 20 years ago because of the traffic jams and It's got a lot worse since then, this maybe will lead to more seeing literally the way forward.