Notices

Thread: Recommendations good / bad?

Hybrid View

Hi Gibbo,
    It's actually the blue bike in the used bike section, with manual box. I did have a quick look at the one you mentioned, and I just couldn't bear to bring myself to ride a bike without a clutch lever. I mean how can you do a controlled take off without a clutch? Or how can you trickle along in slow traffic, I like to "tickle" the clutch and drag the back brake. Can't see how you can do those things easily. Just my 2p worth.

Quote Originally Posted by jfranci1 View Post
    Hi Gibbo,
    It's actually the blue bike in the used bike section, with manual box. I did have a quick look at the one you mentioned, and I just couldn't bear to bring myself to ride a bike without a clutch lever. I mean how can you do a controlled take off without a clutch? Or how can you trickle along in slow traffic, I like to "tickle" the clutch and drag the back brake. Can't see how you can do those things easily. Just my 2p worth.
    Not sure on the FJR auto but take a test ride on a DCT equipped Honda before making a judgement, I've been a 'clutch lever type of guy' since I learnt to ride in a field on an old TS100 (and still have a few bikes with this old fashioned transmission design ; ) ), but have to say I love the DCT on my NC700X and slow speed riding is an absolute piece of wee wee. They do a DCT Crosstourer if you want a big old lump with some more oomphh