Notices

Thread: RVS Services Lugdershall

1. RVS Services Lugdershall 
    A heads up for anyone thinking of using these guys. I took the ****e-ped there for an MOT on Thurday. When I went to collect it I saw someone fiddling with the right mirror and thought nothing of it. Fast forward to today, my wife goes to adjust the mirror and it falls off in her hand literally as she touches it.

Closer inspection shows it has been snapped off and (badly) glued back on. The glue residue is visible in the photos. What a bunch of dishonest cocks, it's a rubbish little ped had they been honest about it I actually wouldn't have cared but to bodge it back together so badly and say nothing is pathetic.

Just gone and inspected the ped further and the left side has fresh scars that definitely are new. So I'm guessing they dropped it on it's left and then some idiot grabbed the right mirror to pull it up and snapped it off.

Here's the damage. The headlight is actually a lot worse than it looks those scuffs are deep gouges.

and whats the bets if I went to look at their work area there is something there painted yellow?

accidents happen, as a business you need to own up. thats what you pay insurance for (if they had any??)

a certain garage in chip took a customers bike to mot. dropped it on the way after riding most of the way on the back wheel (independantly witnessed ) customer not informed.
    we had a FZR fall over in the yard, owned up and cost us £400 to get it repaired and resprayed looked better than when it came in. customer wasnt over pleased but understood and happy with repair.

If they'd owned up I honestly wouldn't have cared about the damage. £7 mirror and the wife always wants to Hello Kitty stickerbomb the panels anyway. I'd assume they are insured Wheelers they are on the fairly large size of smaller business. It's the dishonesty boils my blood, that and in a large garage the best bodge they could do on that mirror seems to be wood glue...... break my stuff, bodge it back together and not even a decent adhesive! It does explain why the MOT sheet was printed at 1335 but they told it wasn't done till gone 1500... glue needed to dry.

I'm going to go down there Monday and try to be polite.

Until 3 years ago I used to live in Andover and always used the MOT Supercentre for both bikes and cars, just down the road from the hospital. Unless something has drastically changed in that time I can recommend them wholeheartedly; family run and straight.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

I've just returned from them and they admitted to it quite quickly. Apparently one of their mechanics did it, bodged it and didn't tell the boss. They apologised profusely and agreed to make good so that's me placated. My ZZR will be going elsewhere for MOT though, either VP in old Sarum who seems highly recommended or MOT supercentre that Jed mentions above (they have a Tidworth branch but it doesn't do bikes).

I have used VP for MOTs since the testing equipment was fitted and have had no problems with that company whatsoever.