Notices

Thread: Words Literally Fail Me...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Cyclists are a pain in the arse. I reckon this year the roads will be full of them. Fecking things
    Why?

Banned
    Riding two abreast on country roads for one

People say similar about motorcyclists on cycling forums complete lack of tolerance for others in this country
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Which is completely legal and advised in the highway code as far as I know.

WHAT?!!!!! Oh the humanity!

6. Bl**dy cyclists 
    Cyclists are a pain in the arse. I reckon this year the roads will be full of them. Fecking things
    Totally agree they should be banned from the roads.
    1. They ride through red lights or mount the pavement to get through a junction
    2. They don't have to have insurance (& yes they do hit things and scrape along cars)
    3. They are slow and couldn't give a toss who is behind them
    4. They cause pollution by being slow and holding up traffic that has to speed up to pass them and then pull in safely again.
    5. I thought some bikers clothing was pretty hideous but cyclists take this to a new level.
    6. They don't have to have any form of mot so a bike doesn't have to be roadworthy
    7. They don't pay tax but like to bleat and complain about the state of the roads

Well that's my rant over. Lets hope I see a cyclist on the way home tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    Totally agree they should be banned from the roads.
    1. They ride through red lights or mount the pavement to get through a junction
    2. They don't have to have insurance (& yes they do hit things and scrape along cars)
    3. They are slow and couldn't give a toss who is behind them
    4. They cause pollution by being slow and holding up traffic that has to speed up to pass them and then pull in safely again.
    5. I thought some bikers clothing was pretty hideous but cyclists take this to a new level.
    6. They don't have to have any form of mot so a bike doesn't have to be roadworthy
    7. They don't pay tax but like to bleat and complain about the state of the roads

Well that's my rant over. Lets hope I see a cyclist on the way home tonight
    Lucky I'm not cycling tonight then but on my bike, hopefully I get a nod rather than a one finger salute ; )

It's interesting to see all cyclists 'tarred with the same brush' as bikers often do with (cage) drivers as well, of course we would hate it if cyclists or drivers did the same for us

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post

It's interesting to see all cyclists 'tarred with the same brush'
    When I berate cyclists it is specifically the lycra clad, carbon fibre riding little "peddle Nazis" that seem to go far out of their way to cause obstruction, often complete with helmet cam ready to post some heavily edited video online of the results of their intentional rudeness. Unfortunately they are increasingly common on the back roads around here. There are plenty of cyclists who don't act that way but unfortunately the dickhead minority seems significant enough the tar brushing is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Lucky I'm not cycling tonight then but on my bike, hopefully I get a nod rather than a one finger salute ; )

It's interesting to see all cyclists 'tarred with the same brush' as bikers often do with (cage) drivers as well, of course we would hate it if cyclists or drivers did the same for us
    Come on Trev admit it.
    All cyclists jump red lights, break the law and don't deserve to be on the road due to the fact that they don't pay "road tax"......whatever that is.

It's much the same as all black people commit crime, all Jews are money grabbers and every gay man you see will bum you to within an inch of your life if you don't put your back to the wall.
    It's just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    When I berate cyclists it is specifically the lycra clad, carbon fibre riding little "peddle Nazis"
    Chris - are you trying to say I don't count as a proper cyclist? Not sure which is most offensive; you thinking I'm not a proper cyclist as I wouldn't look good in lycra or the thought of you thinking about me dressed in lycra ; )

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Come on Trev admit it.
    All cyclists jump red lights, break the law and don't deserve to be on the road due to the fact that they don't pay "road tax"......whatever that is.

It's much the same as all black people commit crime, all Jews are money grabbers and every gay man you see will bum you to within an inch of your life if you don't put your back to the wall.
    It's just common sense.
    You got me, I was letting imagination and a sense of fair play get the better of me for a minute. Now where's my bucket of tar and that bloody great fence brush?