Notices

Thread: Words Literally Fail Me...

Hybrid View

Banned
    Took my new push bike for a ride yesterday. Nice sunny Sunday afternoon what could go wrong? Rode along the cycle path at Midford and through the tunnel, which I've never seen before and was pretty impressed with. When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path, when a lycra clad gimp shot past us at high speed moaning about us taking up too much room. Being in the presence of a woman and her daughter I had to refrain from sending him on his way with a few choice words.
    So it seems these people are arseholes even on cycle paths and towards other cyclists
    The woman I was talking to agreed that the gimps aren't nice people

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Took my new push bike for a ride yesterday. Nice sunny Sunday afternoon what could go wrong? Rode along the cycle path at Midford and through the tunnel, which I've never seen before and was pretty impressed with. When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path, when a lycra clad gimp shot past us at high speed moaning about us taking up too much room. Being in the presence of a woman and her daughter I had to refrain from sending him on his way with a few choice words.
    So it seems these people are arseholes even on cycle paths and towards other cyclists
    The woman I was talking to agreed that the gimps aren't nice people
    Sorry Swanny I'm missing something here - I'm just not grasping the link between negative personality traits and lycra. Do you think there is a slight possibility that the chap in question could behave like a 'gimp' even if he was dressed in different clothing?

I was talking to a woman today and she said she was quite fond of fit young men dressed in lycra. Was the woman you were talking to wearing a habit by any chance? Lol

Diamond Member
    [QUOTE=Swanny;470848] When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path...../QUOTE]

So you stopped in the middle of a cycle path blocking the route and you're surprised someone thinks you're in the way.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path.....
    So you stopped in the middle of a cycle path blocking the route and you're surprised someone thinks you're in the way.....

No Snowy as I said, me the lady and her daughter we were taking up about 2/3rds (not blocking) of the wide path leaving 1/3rd free which the gimp shot through at high speed cussing as he did. He should have slowed down, for all he knew we could have had a small child with us.

Ken to cover your body in Lycra does seem very gimp-ish to me. And I'm sure if you're that way inclined that young men in Lycra are pleasing to the eye, but one of the worst things I've ever seen was an old man dressed in white Lycra shorts Yuk!!!

The other day I saw two gimps side by side riding down the Bradford side of Cock hill on the road when there is a cycle-path that has clearly been placed there especially for them. I think they just like to annoy drivers