Notices

Thread: Words Literally Fail Me...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Dave View Post
    Which is completely legal and advised in the highway code as far as I know.
    That's insane.

I love the fact that they wear lycra and mitmot helmets. It completes the "I'm an arsehole" look

I do ride a push bike but being a considerate person I keep off of the roads and stick to towpaths and cycle paths leaving the roads to vehicles more suited to them.
    While I'm at it, horses should be banned from the roads as well

For the record it's this type of cyclists that I don't like

The normal people out there using a bike as transport are usually ok........ ish
    Last edited by Swanny; 25-02-15 at 06:30 PM.

Diamond Member
    There is no doubting that a minority of cyclists behave irresponsibly on our roads. But that is true of road users of all modes of transport, including motorcyclists. I am dismayed at what I’m reading on this thread from members of the biking community which represents 1% of traffic. I cannot think of a more apt usage of the adage, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
    If you believe that cyclists should be banned from our roads because of the actions of a minority then you must accept that it is a legitimate position for the anti-biking lobby to take towards motorcyclists.
    Last edited by redken1; 25-02-15 at 08:13 PM.

Diamond Member
    What a load of bollox. Its such a load of bollox I can't be bothered to type any more bollox. Bollox.

Edit: and I wrote this before your post Ken. Bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    There is no doubting that a minority of cyclists behave irresponsibly on our roads. But that is true of road users of all modes of transport, including motorcyclists. I am dismayed at what I’m reading on this thread from members of the biking community which represents 1% of traffic. I cannot think of a more apt usage of the adage, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
    If you believe that cyclists should be banned from our roads because of the actions of a minority then you must accept that it is a legitimate position for the anti-biking lobby to take towards motorcyclists.
    Nailed it Ken.

People are literally dying on our roads but we are selective with our sympathy due to their choice of transport?
    It's insane.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    If you believe that cyclists should be banned from our roads
    Just ban lycra from the roads

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    What a load of bollox. Its such a load of bollox I can't be bothered to type any more bollox. Bollox.

Edit: and I wrote this before your post Ken. Bollox.
    Come on Snowy you can do better than that

It seems Raffles hotel in Australia has the right idea.

The Raffles Hotel in Perth bans Lycra after patrons complain they are ‘disgusted’ by the tight-fitting cyclewear
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fit...-1227182491962

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Just goes to show how stupid people are when using social media
    I agree and they don't even know it.

Banned
    Took my new push bike for a ride yesterday. Nice sunny Sunday afternoon what could go wrong? Rode along the cycle path at Midford and through the tunnel, which I've never seen before and was pretty impressed with. When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path, when a lycra clad gimp shot past us at high speed moaning about us taking up too much room. Being in the presence of a woman and her daughter I had to refrain from sending him on his way with a few choice words.
    So it seems these people are arseholes even on cycle paths and towards other cyclists
    The woman I was talking to agreed that the gimps aren't nice people

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Took my new push bike for a ride yesterday. Nice sunny Sunday afternoon what could go wrong? Rode along the cycle path at Midford and through the tunnel, which I've never seen before and was pretty impressed with. When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path, when a lycra clad gimp shot past us at high speed moaning about us taking up too much room. Being in the presence of a woman and her daughter I had to refrain from sending him on his way with a few choice words.
    So it seems these people are arseholes even on cycle paths and towards other cyclists
    The woman I was talking to agreed that the gimps aren't nice people
    Sorry Swanny I'm missing something here - I'm just not grasping the link between negative personality traits and lycra. Do you think there is a slight possibility that the chap in question could behave like a 'gimp' even if he was dressed in different clothing?

I was talking to a woman today and she said she was quite fond of fit young men dressed in lycra. Was the woman you were talking to wearing a habit by any chance? Lol

Diamond Member
    [QUOTE=Swanny;470848] When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path...../QUOTE]

So you stopped in the middle of a cycle path blocking the route and you're surprised someone thinks you're in the way.....