Notices

Thread: Words Literally Fail Me...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Words Literally Fail Me... 
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-message-field

What a stupid girl, the comments are blood boiling to, in case it gets taken down, here's what one of her friends wrote ....

KatieCustardG, Manchester, United Kingdom, about an hour ago
    Fail to add in this though that he wasnt wearing the correct clothing on his motorcycle?

I dont know in what world being suited in the best could save you from a head on
    And I dont know how anyone can describe the year that they accidentally killed someone as 'a great year'

Daily Fail, the commenters will be nearly as retarded as the writers.

Case itself I think she should have been punished more, but lets face it killing someone on a motorbike is not really a crime as far as our courts see it, remember that 16 year old girl wiped out and left to die by the drunk driver? He got more time for lying than killing her (this case http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24146473 ).

Sadly it's the way of life now. There are endless stories of hit and runs as well. Too busy to stop and check if driver/rider are ok or is it the case that they are just too "dont give a ****". I'm not sure that i could ever forget such a thing if it were to happen to me. I once knocked over a 12 yr old boy who ran out from behind a bus. Thankfully it was a few bumps and scratches due to me crawling along as i knew the area. Kept me awake at night for weeks though. and i hope that it never happens again....
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-message-field

What a stupid girl, the comments are blood boiling to, in case it gets taken down, here's what one of her friends wrote ....

KatieCustardG, Manchester, United Kingdom, about an hour ago
    Fail to add in this though that he wasnt wearing the correct clothing on his motorcycle?

I dont know in what world being suited in the best could save you from a head on
    And I dont know how anyone can describe the year that they accidentally killed someone as 'a great year'

That's awful- poor bloke and his family. . .

Any half decent person would be devastated at causing the death of another and go out of their way to make amends to the bereaved family.
    - She's obviously a heartless bitch.

Am I the only one who fails to see what the problem with this is other than the fact the family of the biker have been stalking her in the first place to find these posts.

What is she meant to do, walk around wearing black for her entire life and tell everyone she is sorry constantly? She said sorry in court which was likely months after the accident so how long exactly do you all expect her to keep saying sorry. People can move one!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Just goes to show how stupid people are when using social media

Tricky one.
    Like WR said this is The Daily Mail so a lot of it will be sensationalised rubbish.

Dave is right that people do have to move on but I doubt the family stalked her.
    More likely the Mail found out about the posts then told the family. That's the sort of thing they do.
    On the surface she does seem a bit insensitive and not as punishing of herself as she made out to the court.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Tricky one.
    Like WR said this is The Daily Mail so a lot of it will be sensationalised rubbish.

Dave is right that people do have to move on but I doubt the family stalked her.
    More likely the Mail found out about the posts then told the family. That's the sort of thing they do.
    On the surface she does seem a bit insensitive and not as punishing of herself as she made out to the court.
    I agree Dan.
    It does seem that the girl is showing little remorse on the face of it. However, following a traumatic event, people react in different ways, experiencing a wide range of physical and emotional reactions. It is very common for some people to blank out the pain of such an event by disconnecting the brain and pretending that nothing happened. Is it possible that the girl in question is feeling such a sense of guilt that she is in denial? Of course the Mail never bothered to seek a response from the girl or her family before running the story so we don’t know. And of course if there was medical evidence available to substantiate that possibility, we would see a more balanced report. Did the Mail need to run this story in such a sensationalist manner? I doubt the tabloid’s motive was to raise awareness for bike safety. Such a sad story in many ways.
    RIP Allan
    Last edited by redken1; 24-02-15 at 01:05 PM.

For me its less about the driver getting on with her life (or trying to) after what must have been a traumatic event and more about the inconsistencies of the sentencing system. I remember a few years ago a young woman was sentenced to (I think) two years in jail for knocking a bloke off his bicycle and killing him, while she was texting. Seems reasonable? It happened at a traffic light controlled junction; she was on a green light and he went through the red into her path. Fair enough she was texting while driving which is illegal but the accident was actually caused by the cyclists failure to observe a red light. I'm not sure the sentence seems so fair now!
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Banned
    Cyclists are a pain in the arse. I reckon this year the roads will be full of them. Fecking things