Notices

Thread: Cotswold Airport threatened

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cotswold Airport threatened 
    Chatterbox
    And now this...

AV8 and Airport to close?

FFS.........

I hope the bastids leave Compton Abbas alone !
    Last edited by Last Train; 20-02-15 at 05:05 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

Surely there are other areas available for development, be a shame if it does go

A real shame
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Problem is with airfields they are 'brown belt' land so far easier to develop than green belt, they count as being previously developed inside the entire perimeter fence, not just where the buildings and runways are. The reasons why so many of our second world war airfields disappeared under seas of house over the last 20 years or so. That would be a real shame. Did wonder why they hadn't held the airshow there for the last few years, something has obviously been brewing

There are quite a few vintage aircraft that fly out of there, particularly the Hunters (think the only flying Canberra is based there also?) a few years ago a Spitfire arrived imported from Australia for restoration, would be sad not to have that on our doorstep, there isn't anywhere else like it in our part of the country

Banned
    The immigrants need somewhere to live

Diamond Member
    I think you could be on to something there Swanny. Everyone knows that immigrants are to blame for the banking collapse and the recent bad weather. Now they could be responsible for closing our airports.
    Last edited by redken1; 21-02-15 at 06:39 PM.

The Directors are cashing in for a huge lump sum each very likely.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Don't worry we will be open for a few more Hot Cross Bun Runs yet!

Julian
    Air Traffic Service
    Cotswold Airport

Platinum Member
    Far be it from me to put the cat amoungst the pigeons but there seems to be a degree of NIMBYism here.

We have a moderately serious housing crisis on our hands and a disengaged, disenfranchised younger population struggling to get on the housing ladder and consequently build their assets.
    It's widely recognised that there is generational gap and not building enough houses is proliferating the situation.
    This is not only down to immigration (which we need - any anyone that's had hospital treatment will know that) but also lower occupancy and people owning holliday homes or bolt holes.

It'd be interesting to hear from some of the parents here as to whether they'd rather have affordable housing for their offspring or a nice cafe to go to.
    There is no doubt that it would be a loss, but sadly usually there usually aren't loads of other alternative sites.
    If there is somewhere better to build then I'm fine with that - but we do need houses.

As someone unable to currently get on the property ladder, I'd be sceptical of any "affordable" housing claim. The affordable parts of many of these new builds are now often shared ownership where essentially you pay a pile of money to still be a tenant in all but name.