Notices

Thread: 'What have you been doing in your shed today ?'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 'What have you been doing in your shed today ?' 
    well I have seen this on a few forums seems to do well ?? just keeping members updated on all your mod's and antics.

Been working on the trackbike, new bar ends and levers, plugs and pads replaced. Hrc rear brake reservoir and a keyless fuelcap, just to make things a bit easier.

Platinum Member
    New C&S last week, got oil & filter sitting here waiting with some new brake fluid, mebbe do them next week, then need an MOT, from my friendly MOT man.

Ive been single seating my t595, making it look rather different from the original..lol.. got a seat to make and leather work to be tooled and braided.. its not been easy trying to keep the bike on the road at the same time for work but Im getting there.

My afternoon will be dedicated too new chain (horrible cheap thing but needed for upcoming MOT) and new sprockets. Dropping 2 teeth on the front for more wheelies. It'll drop the theoretical top end too 112 (fag packet maths) but should get there a lot quicker, currently it can be teased just past 130 but from about 98 onward is tedious as it struggles to pull the gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    My afternoon will be dedicated too new chain (horrible cheap thing but needed for upcoming MOT) and new sprockets. Dropping 2 teeth on the front for more wheelies. It'll drop the theoretical top end too 112 (fag packet maths) but should get there a lot quicker, currently it can be teased just past 130 but from about 98 onward is tedious as it struggles to pull the gearing.
    Two teeth off the front is a fair change, I've never gone more than + or - one tooth on the front, sounds like you've done the sums though and I know how you like the sound of your bike revving ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Two teeth off the front is a fair change, I've never gone more than + or - one tooth on the front, sounds like you've done the sums though and I know how you like the sound of your bike revving ; )
    Just gave it a go, front wheel definitely lifts easier, gets to a ton quick though it shoots through the first few gears almost as fast as they can be shifted and pulls through the redline in top resulting in a slightly higher top end than I calculated (private land honest). I have a barely used 45T rear I may put on which would then -3 me on the rear so put me closer to if I had -1 on front as I think as fun as this feels it's going to put my fuel economy in depressing territory.

Previously it was on 15/48 which gave awesome motorway fuel economy but as you've seen when giving it the beans it struggled to pull high speeds. I want to find my preferred combo/compromise on this one with cheap sprockets and budget chains so when it comes to getting decent ones for the project I know the setup I want.

That's a lot of effort for that little 400!! Ever considered just chopping it in for a ZZR6?

Today I..... decided to take the bike to work. Walked up to it for the first time in 4 weeks, flat battery hate keeping her outside..

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's a lot of effort for that little 400!! Ever considered just chopping it in for a ZZR6?
    I enjoy making the bike scream, doing that on the 600 would leave me potatoed/long term banned quickly. I'd love one of those little IL4 250's that are like hens teeth, some have a 19K redline!

I've been thinking about thinking about taking the motor out of my X7 so I can think about stripping it down so I can think about getting the bottom end rebuilt. Not a spanner in sight yet!

Apart from that, checking oil level and tyre pressures on the Enfield and NC ready for this weekends run, where ever that is