Notices

Thread: Who rode where today and how did you keep warm?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Who rode where today and how did you keep warm? 
    Amid all the debate on free speech and events in Paris has anyone had time to get the bike out and blow away the cobwebs and crap?

I had a bit of time late on yesterday so took the RE out for a burble across the Forest in the evening, chilly but found a pub with a nice log fire to warm my cockles before setting off back home. The headlight is not great, okay on main up to about 50 'ish, going to dip cuts light drastically and suddenly you think you need to half your speed, takes me back to my teens and my pre-halogen headlight days ; )

Took the NC700X out today and covered just over 150 miles, bloody frozen when I got home, actually beginning to believe my BM riding mate who swears by his heated jacket. Seems a bit poncey and I've managed for 30 years without one but may have to admit the truth - I'm not a rough, tough biker after all! Does anyone have experience of using a battery powered liner/vest/jacket rather than one powered by the bikes electrics?

Just been using the ped mostly to get from A - B. Fired up the ZZR about an hour ago just to get petrol, took a while to start and a slightly worrying clicky noise coming from it once it gets moving, will have to investigate in the week (got a feeling it's a blown exhaust gasket on one of the headers).

I still need to get that paddock stand out to you, thought about coming out your way today but not too keen on strapping it to the back of the NC, it's quite a big box, will have to wait until I'm passing in the car.

Went to broad hinton from the nam. Couple of base layers and heated grips. Toastie
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Out to Portishead, moving chicane to Clevedon and back through Nailsea. Was lubberly.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I still need to get that paddock stand out to you, thought about coming out your way today but not too keen on strapping it to the back of the NC, it's quite a big box, will have to wait until I'm passing in the car.
    Much appreciated Trev, send me a message when you do and I'll get the kettle on ready. No pressing rush though current weather means I limit my work on the bike and project to what can be done indoors or what is absolutely urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Much appreciated Trev, send me a message when you do and I'll get the kettle on ready. No pressing rush though current weather means I limit my work on the bike and project to what can be done indoors or what is absolutely urgent.
    That's good cos I'm all over the place for the next couple of weeks. Pity you're not a bit nearer, I know a nice lock-up ideal for project work, bit of a commute on a 'ped though ; )

Diamond Member
    I was planning a little blast on the bike just to keep everything moving (me and the bike lol) but by the time I got the few jobs completed it was coming over dark and cold. Getting soft in my old age.

Platinum Member
    I would have gone out Today however, my bike is currently under repair.

Diamond Member
    Was on pedal power today but got both Beemers out for a couple of hours yesterday - and yes, have heated jacket liner and gloves so was toasty. I have never tried the battery ones as prefer to have the alternator doing all the work for as long as I like it to. I managed well enough for 30 years + without them but as I get older I feel the cold a lot more