Notices

Thread: BMW R1200 GS Seat height

1. BMW R1200 GS Seat height 
    Hello All

I am seeking any Wiltshire Bikers that ride this bike. I am looking into to ways of lowering the seat height, I am aware there are replacement seats available and would like to hear of any experience with them, and what height rerduction you achieve. And perhaps meet for a look.

( I will add this to the UK GS site)

Regards
    Julian

Fingers crossed I will be picking up my new GS Aventure TE this Saturday ��

Let me know if I can help in away way.

Diamond Member
    The UKGSer site is the place to be for this question. I have an Adventure which is taller than the standard GS but I'm tall so that's perfect for me. Its either seats or suspension for the bike or platform shoes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sburv View Post
    Fingers crossed I will be picking up my new GS Aventure TE this Saturday 😊

Let me know if I can help in away way.

Enjoy, I keep a look out for you on my travels, my daily route is Melksham to Kemble. the bike is white with high viz helmet.

I have found Many Many different LOW seats, I guess that's the easiest answer to my average inside leg. as I am a child of the 80's, platform shoes never played a part of my youth, but thank you for the helpful suggestion Snowy

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo5159 View Post
    Enjoy, I keep a look out for you on my travels, my daily route is Melksham to Kemble. the bike is white with high viz helmet.

I have found Many Many different LOW seats, I guess that's the easiest answer to my average inside leg. as I am a child of the 80's, platform shoes never played a part of my youth, but thank you for the helpful suggestion Snowy
    My comment wasn't totally in jest... I think Daytona make some which are worth about an inch in height due to the sole and inner construction. They don't look like 70's throwbacks either. The UKGSer site has info on them if you do a search.

Update, Problem solved I purchased a BMW low seat, worth every penny.