Notices

Thread: Wiltshire Bikers Trackday - never been on track? This could be your chance

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Your getting closer! I've only advertised it on this forum, MOT'd it Saturday in case someone decides they must have it but won't put it on Fleabay until end March/early April. Seriously, if you are interested I'm sure we could come to some agreement, would prefer it to go to someone 'sensible' and might save you a fortune in old Kawasaki spares

Like the look of the ebay link, that must value my 1100K at over two grand. That's a statement not a question, I don't want your opinion on second hand gixer prices ; )

Oh I do love to see bitching spread across a couple of threads instead of kept to one, its like being back at school boys...

I'd be well up for a trackday, although I have two issues

1) I havent owned a bike license for over 2 years
    2) I have possibly the loudest bike on the forum so Coombe is sounding unlikely

If we can overcome point one then i'll bring the NC23, probably safer to the bank balance than potentially stacking the RSV anyway

Unfortunately Llandow need you to have a bike license mate :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Unfortunately Llandow need you to have a bike license mate :/
    I have one, but I havent had it longer than two years, it'll be 18 months in August.

Ahh ok, that might be ok then - sorry I misread it as in you used to have one and now haven't! Should be fine, we'll double check with the venue
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Any advice from Llandow regulars would be appreciated on this:

I was thinking of taking my MT03 but it's on Leo Vince cans and quite noisy, at least on the overrun. Seen a few posts that noise restrictions not as tight as C.Combe yet both are listed as 105Db. The last time I did CC was on my GSXR11 with standard cans and that was passed as bang on 105Db and it's not a particularly noisy bike IMO. Several got turned away although surprisingly not a guy on a Ducati with Termi's, he guessed something about noise level at 3/4 revs not being too bad but it sounded bloody loud! I know that without an actual sound meter it is subjective but how many run 'race' exhausts, etc at Llandow that get the nod but wouldn't entertain trying it at CC? Wondering whether to take the chance with the MT or try and fire up the big 'ol Gixer

Diamond Member
    Wes will know better I'm sure, but castle Combe have a funny way of measuring sound from memory, may be more revs than usual or closer to the can, can't remember. Llandow seems very relaxed on most things ;-)
    I think you may well have more fun on the MT03 there's no straight as such so big power isn't really needed (that's my hope anyway) I recon a little MT03 may well embarrass some bigger bikes on track which is always fun :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Wes will know better I'm sure, but castle Combe have a funny way of measuring sound from memory, may be more revs than usual or closer to the can, can't remember. Llandow seems very relaxed on most things ;-)
    I think you may well have more fun on the MT03 there's no straight as such so big power isn't really needed (that's my hope anyway) I recon a little MT03 may well embarrass some bigger bikes on track which is always fun :-)
    Thanks Gerry, I could refit the stnd tail box but it's a bit of a faff as had to modify the tail tidy for the LV cans so will need to refit stand mudguard and tail light as well + the LV cans (together with the K&N) do seem to make a small but noticeable difference. It's good to hear that Llandow is a little more relaxed but don't want to use that as an excuse to take the pee or get it all the way there and not be able to ride.

As for 'a little MT03 may well embarrass some bigger bikes' - maybe should insert 'well ridden' in there somewhere, it will need to be a 'steady' rider on a big bike for me to embarrass anyone other than myself! Should still be a laugh though ; )

Castle coombe measure the bike static at 3/4 revs at approx the end of your exhaust, ive packed my baffle and only just make the 105db, Llandow do have a self imposed limit of 105db, but saying that i dont ever use my baffle there and have never been tested

Diamond Member
    I'm sure it will be a good laugh, and should you happen to embarrass yourself (which I'm sure you won't) you would then belong to a small but select group of WB Llandow embarasees of which I was the second ;-)
    Hopefully this year the guy who does the briefing will have forgotten, and I'll escape the briefing without a special mention lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Thanks Gerry, I could refit the stnd tail box but it's a bit of a faff as had to modify the tail tidy for the LV cans so will need to refit stand mudguard and tail light as well + the LV cans (together with the K&N) do seem to make a small but noticeable difference. It's good to hear that Llandow is a little more relaxed but don't want to use that as an excuse to take the pee or get it all the way there and not be able to ride.

As for 'a little MT03 may well embarrass some bigger bikes' - maybe should insert 'well ridden' in there somewhere, it will need to be a 'steady' rider on a big bike for me to embarrass anyone other than myself! Should still be a laugh though ; )