Notices

Thread: Wiltshire Bikers Trackday - never been on track? This could be your chance

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    If we cant fill the entire day with wbers at Llandow, it could be worth asking if we can book in advance, filling say the novice group as a wb only, and the rest could filter into inters and fast.
    Castle coombe is a decent local circuit which dont operate the usual type of nov/inter/fast, but there is a new to track group, this is as it says but doesnt go on ability or experience, if we contact them im sure we could make sure we all end up in the same groups, tho they only run on a wednesday.
    Most other tracks are a bit of a distance away, a better day for sure, but as most could be riding there and back, it might be a bit of an ask.

Castle Combe are happy for us to fill our own group if we have 12 or 24 (which would be 2 groups). Possibly also able to provide us some extra instructors for sighting laps - after all it's in their interests to get more people on track who might book again. We can negotiate a discount lik we did the last couple of times, but likely to be more like £90-100 so my gut is that we'd struggle to fill 12?

Also SWB are happy to organise a joint llandow day with extra novice groups if that's what our aim is. Could be a good idea to keep costs down for the riders - I'm not too familiar with the setup at llandow though and the short track doesn't fully appeal

I guess it depends what people want - I love the idea of a proper garage etc but then again as a novice i also enjoy doing Combe because it's close to home, familiar circuit, and always very accommodating to us.

And I need to get my ass in gear to find funds for a track bike
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Chatterbox
    Good to see some other options put forward, thanks guys,

Combe would be my fave looking at the choices. A length track and an easy mooch home when you're knackered

And I need to get my ass in gear and fix my Firebolt.
    Last edited by Last Train; 31-01-15 at 02:38 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

I would seriously love to do a trackday.. definitely makes my juices flow, I rode competitive bike motorsport 30 years ago and the love of the adrenanline rush still flows through my veins.
    BUT..
    My beloved FZ1 is not only my bike of choice, but my personal transport , social, domestic and pleasure.. I need it to ride to work.
    I'm worried that if I rode it on a trackday the old competitive spirit would kick in... and I would grow horns.
    I would love to do a trackday on a dedicated trackbike, and would really enjoy it, but the fear of binning my yam would be always in the back of my mind, so would probably lessen the enjoyment of the day.
    gotta save up for a trackbike.. would love to unlease the devil in me on the track.
    Last edited by Toph; 31-01-15 at 07:50 PM.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Theres a company in Gloucester that hire trackbikes, ive seen them at the bikesafe day

Diamond Member
    From what I've seen it's very expensive to hire a trackbike, and if you bin it, even more expensive!
    It depends how serious people are but if two / three people joined forces you can get a bike for around a grand !
    eg http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Z...item3f451ef8fe

Or road worthy !

http://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-moto.../r6/1082087781

Could be run in two groups in a day, novice & inters
    Just a thought :-)

Toph, know what you mean but a track day hasn't got to be balls out, au could have a lot of fun on an FZ1 without being too crazy. A great chance to use more of its capabilities than you could on the road
    Last edited by Trev; 01-02-15 at 12:30 PM.

I've done a few track days on my road bike, really it's the ability to ride fast without worrying about potholes, drain covers, other traffic, mud etc. I actually went slower on track on average than I do on the road but faster through the corners. Taped over the speedo so I didn't check speed and race myself
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Castle combe is ok as a local track but I find the biggest problem is the lack of track time as you get only 1 x 10min session per hour which includes 1 or more sighting/ warm up laps. The other issue is noise as their noise test is probably the strictest in the country where a lot of bikes with standard cans will fail which really ruins the day. Lovely circuit to ride though.

Diamond Member
    Trev /Dabz, It's good to encourage Toph, bet remember he's an ex racer (is there such a thing) so whilst I totally agree that you don't have to push out of your comfort zone, I suspect the chance of him "taking it easy" is slim :-)
    I can sympathise lol

Moo, totally agree, but I can't see enough numbers willing to travel from the club, it's a pity as Cadwell, Oulton, Brands are just awesome.
    It was Scotty encouraging me, Chappers & Laim to go to Brands Indy that got us hooked and have given us so many brilliant days over the last few years.