Notices

Thread: Wiltshire Bikers Trackday - never been on track? This could be your chance

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I'm up for that

If you do decide to try Castle Combe again this year I am definitely in.

I have booked all the Castle Combe trackday dates off this year (except for the one preceding the race meet as that is always full of racers) in the hope that I will be able to make 2 of them in decent weather

Anyone thinking of trying a trackday I can't recommend it enough. Forget the 'track' bit of it, it's not racing, it will though teach you more than you can imagine about your bike, and your riding. I'm sure I learnt more in a couple of trackdays than I ever would have done on the road, some of the stuff I learnt I don't think I ever would have twigged, period.

Platinum Member
    I would be up for this - if it was at Castle Coombe

Diamond Member
    I'm happy with Llandow or Combe. I think newer (trackday) riders will have more fun at Llandow as it's a very friendly place and although it's short as you are busy 100% of the time 15 / 20 minute sessions is more than enough. No worries about noise either.

I'm more than happy to take a gazebo, tools etc and help out too.

Re the mention of the "Bus stop" and a problem I encountered there a couple of years ago, I only remember crossing the finish line in front of Moo and that's all that matters. Doing a somersault on the grass, my bike doing a somersault beside me, Moo skimming me as I crawled from the track on my knees are all completely forgotten as is the pain in my ribs and wallet ;-)

Happy days :-)

He he, I remember that day well Gerry

Had my own Llandow moment at the fast chicane though last year when I hit a 3 foot cone which smashed the belly pan and gave a rush of brown adrenaline!

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post

Had my own Llandow moment at the fast chicane though last year when I hit a 3 foot cone which smashed the belly pan and gave a rush of brown adrenaline!
    The idea is to go past them, not through them.

Duh!

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post

I did that the year before too, although I think we may have had the same excuse, the guy in front hitting the brakes really hard so he could "negotiate" the chicane at 35 MPH lol

Looks like we may have a date for this - being confirmed soon - huge thanks to Wes for organising and liaising with Llandow
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Looks like we may have a date for this - being confirmed soon - huge thanks to Wes for organising and liaising with Llandow
    :-(

No probs, cheers to Simon for all the advice, should be a good day out