Notices

Thread: Wiltshire Bikers Trackday - never been on track? This could be your chance

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    I think textiles are usually ok as long as they zip together, but I could be wrong!

Thinking Luke might be up for this too?
    luke would def be up for it..my textiles zip together and for 270 dgrees and come with armour etc but if i cant use them im not buying leathers so that would let me out..
    i'd still come along and watch tho..
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Al View Post
    luke would def be up for it..my textiles zip together and for 270 dgrees and come with armour etc but if i cant use them im not buying leathers so that would let me out..
    i'd still come along and watch tho..
    worth an email to Llandow i reckon.

Defiantly interested, especially if it's on the weekend. If your a regular size and are considering getting leathers, it's good time of year to have a look on ebay. Buy now when prices are low and if you don't need them after sell on once done, you might even make a few quid. Bought a set at the start of last winter, old design but really strong and heavy, like new. Still see similar on eBay for more money,

I'm in Dabz!!!
    Anyone fancy a pint?

Would love to give this a go but not sure Sabrina is suitable for thrashing around a track.

Only a short track, most bikes dont get out of 3rd watched a multistrada flying round last time, loads of fun no matter what you ride

sounds good as novice

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Only a short track, most bikes dont get out of 3rd watched a multistrada flying round last time, loads of fun no matter what you ride
    Even a Royal Enfield, I would looooove to try and chug that round a circuit, bloody long way there though let alone thrashing the poor lump round a track

Chatterbox
    Cuz R is a maybe
    Everything else is shyte

Diamond Member
    Quick recap...

Definitely x 15
    Friends of... x 4
    Interested... x 3
    Possible... x 4

Without being pessimistic, I recon there will be a rough 20% drop out on Definitely and 50% on the rest, that gives a total of 17/18 so far, well short of the 45 needed, I'm sure we will get more in time, but I think not the numbers needed for a WB only day. Is it time to look at alternatives ?

Sharing Llandow with another club. Advantages: Close, cheap Disadvantages: Short track.
    A WB session at Castle Combe. Advantages: Close, our "own" session if we can get 12ish together. Disadvantages: Short sessions.
    Picking a standard track day somewhere and all doing that one. Advantages: riding a proper track and proper session times. Disadvantages: Travel Distance.

I've put them in order of best for new trackdayers but it can't compare with No3, proper track, garages etc the real deal. Also remember that the Novice Group at a standard trackday is usually full of road bikes and lots of new riders, it isn't as frightening as it sounds ;-)

Other options ???

Happy to wait and see on the numbers though :-)