Notices

Thread: Tips when looking at a bike from private seller

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    I'm pleased for you mate - but your last post raises a question...

Have you paid for it yet..?

If yes - is it a good idea to wait a month to get the bike..? Especially when you are exposed to the tune of 10K with a complete stranger..?

If no - what's to stop him selling it to someone else before the end of the month..?

I'm sure you've probably got this covered in some way not mentioned - but just in case...
    I've paid him a deposit for the bike (500), and have said I will transport the remaining money to him a day or two before I go to pick it up. Unfortunately Im not free to pick it up for another couple of weeks, or I'd have been and got it already!

It's just one of those things I guess where I've got to make a judgement call and trust him. He seemed like a really genuine guy, so I'm sure everything will be fine. He wasn't planning on advertising it until April, it was pure fluke really that I found it he was considering selling it.

Thanks for your concern though!
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Quote Originally Posted by MayallRob View Post
    I've paid him a deposit for the bike (500), and have said I will transport the remaining money to him a day or two before I go to pick it up. Unfortunately Im not free to pick it up for another couple of weeks, or I'd have been and got it already!

It's just one of those things I guess where I've got to make a judgement call and trust him. He seemed like a really genuine guy, so I'm sure everything will be fine. He wasn't planning on advertising it until April, it was pure fluke really that I found it he was considering selling it.

Thanks for your concern though!
    Ok - good luck...