Notices

Thread: Wheel refubisment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Wheel refubisment 
    We are delighted to offer Wheel refubishment in house

Are you wheels beginning to look a little worse for wear, or do you just fancy your wheels to stand out from the crowd, well we are pleased to announce we now offer a full refurbishment service.

From a quick colour change to corroded/damaged wheels we can fulfill your needs.

Price varies depending on colour and preparation work needed but as a guide if you bring your bike into us we can strip them, prep them and paint them from as LITTLE as £250 for the pair and this includes removal from the bike and tyre/disc/bearing removal and refit!!!!

Just pop in and have a chat with us and we will make your wheels look better than new

Banned
    Are you doing spokes and chrome wheels as well or just cast wheels?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeTreads View Post
    LITTLE as £250 for the pair

Little as £250? That's over double what most other places charge, is it £150 for removing and refitting the wheels?

We will only be doing cast wheels as spoked wheels require stripping which we are unable to offer.
    Yes there are some places that will paint wheels for as little as £150, however over the years we have fitted alot of tyres as you can imagine and as such we see a lot of cheaply painted wheels, and the paint work is i'm afraid to say shoddy at best, the insides of the wheel rim are not covered which is where moisture can begin to get under the paint.
    We are aiming to offer a high quality finish that lasts, unlike other companys, we want them, to last so they are fully prepped, primed to get rid of any surface blemishes and then given at least 2 coats of 2 part paint followed by a high build lacquer so the end result will be a very high wuality paint job that will last and not chip/flake as soon as the tyre is removed

Does seem a bit steep. I got quoted around £40 per wheel to be blasted and powder coated by a place near Devizes. So £80 the pair, ok so I'd have to knock out the bearings myself and pay someone to remove and later put on the tyre but I'm not sure how that is worth £170.

how much for a pair of bare wheels..just wheels no bearings etc.can do that and fit tyres myself..wheels are from a 96 VZ800..cheers
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

Ok it seems some feel the price is a little high. This is for you to bring the bike to us and for us to remove the wheels, fully strip then prep, paint and refit to the bike. Think of the hassle of doing it yourself. You have to remove your wheels, then pay to have them stripped then take them to be painted then take them back to have tyres and such re fitted then back to fit back into your own bike if during this you scratch them then that's hard luck. We are offering a one stop refurb, drop bike off then pick up with fresh and clean wheels. We have priced according to the price to remove the wheels, strip and refit all discs, bearing and tyres with balance. we believe this is a very reasonable price bearing in mind the amount of work required.

Big al, are the wheels chrome finish or painted cast wheels? Also what colour and finish would you be looking for?
    As a base price per wheel in a standard colour I believe the price is £60-70 but call us to discuss fully as I may have my figures wrong lol

We have now revised our price as people seemed to think it was a little high, along we this we have also found a trade source for automotive paint supplies allowing us to pass this discount to the paying customer, we can now offer a full ride in ride out wheel refurbish for £199 and this is for you to leave the bike with us and we remove and strip the wheels and fully refit everything including re-balanceing the wheels.

That's not bad. I will be looking to get a new set of tyres soon and my wheels need a refurb so may be interested in this. Any bundle discounts on offer seeing as you have to remove the tyres anyway?