Notices

Thread: Who rode where today and how did you keep warm?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetHippo View Post
    I'm with Ducatista, been using a Keiss vest for a few years now. I use the battery, fine for my 1hr commute and back. Use it off the bike too, makes a huge difference.
    Thanks Steve + Ducatista, been thinking about a heated jacket/vest for a while and really want one that runs off its own battery pack as I'm lucky enough to have a few bikes some of which I'm doubtful (or bloody certain in one case!) will run electrical accessories. A dealer advised me that he didn't stock the battery pack versions as they don't get hot enough for long enough but after 30 years of managing without I'm not looking for something that keeps me toasty for hours and hours on end but rather something that can lift the chill for the last hour or two after a long day out in the cold. Two shout outs for Keiss prompts me to look for one of these and give it a go, thanks again

I ride 100 miles round trip daily commute (work in Wales), and I use an ST1100 with 80K + miles. I find heated grips are a real bonus, as I can still get to wear normal gloves, and the fairing does a good job of keeping the wind chill off.
    Having said that my toes were cold by the time I got to work this morning though. Several thin layers is always good.

After millions of years of riding, I was given a heated vest in exchange for a banner on one of my sites. This was a couple of years ago.
    Since then, I've bought heated insoles, heated grips and a set of tucano muffs.
    Heading back from Paris last week, I was all toasty coming up the motorway, until I stopped for fuel and getting off the bike made it feel like I was in the arctic.

--------------------------------
    On the road to nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    After millions of years of riding, I was given a heated vest in exchange for a banner on one of my sites. This was a couple of years ago.
    Since then, I've bought heated insoles, heated grips and a set of tucano muffs.
    Heading back from Paris last week, I was all toasty coming up the motorway, until I stopped for fuel and getting off the bike made it feel like I was in the arctic.

--------------------------------
    On the road to nowhere
    It's gonna have to be a heated vest for me I think, I'm okay for a couple of hours but all day out in 3 - 4 degrees sees me bloody knackered when I get home, can't help with my concentration