Notices

Thread: Who rode where today and how did you keep warm?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A Softie jacket is a good tip for keeping really warm, millions of squaddies can't be wrong (I even used to have the matching trousers). Slightly bulky though so no good to go under tight fitting leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Was on pedal power today but got both Beemers out for a couple of hours yesterday - and yes, have heated jacket liner and gloves so was toasty. I have never tried the battery ones as prefer to have the alternator doing all the work for as long as I like it to. I managed well enough for 30 years + without them but as I get older I feel the cold a lot more
    I think it's a combination of being a bit older and the fact that I now ride more in the Winter than when I was younger as I played footie through the Winter and with three kids riding time was limited, one advantage of being a bit older is more time and too old to chase a ball around a football pitch. I called into a bike clothing shop in Bournemouth on my way back today and they said they wouldn't stock battery powered versions as don't get warm enough for long enough. Despite their advice I think I'm going to try Lithium battery powered Oxford 'vest' as think I only want an hour or two of warmth later in the day and a couple of my bikes won't power accessories, I'll probably end up wishing I had listened to the advice!!

We went to Monkey World, was a great day out although a little frosty, she was cold and we bought some extra clothing/socks from the gift shop on completion. Sun was low directly in front on the way there and the nice straight road parallel to the A350 from Shaftesbury is still closed so ended up on the windy A350.

Was nice to ride in the dry and daylight as my commuting is normally dark/wet, also nice to hear the new exhaust.

I've got 2 jackets, an old leather with a new XXL Oxford over the top to keep things dry so never get cold, extra socks and inner gloves help, just tried battery heated inner gloves but finger tips still get cold, may try heated grips next. Takes a long time to get all the kit that works.

Went out towards Cotswolds water park, down the 419 into swindon and did a few stops around swindon. Covered about 60-65 miles in all today, got in about 10 minutes before it started raining. No issues with cold over here at all, just had a very thin jumper on below my leather jacket.

Went out on the Thundercat with the Mrs for an hour or so. Thermal lined trousers and jacket with comfy jogging bottoms and jumper, just right! 😊

Platinum Member
    I've got a keiss heated waistcoat and heated inner gloves.
    I tend to run the gloves off a seperate battery - which can last all day on a low setting, and run the waistcoat on the bike battery.

They were a godsend when we went to peak district last year at easter when it was close to freezing temps (-1 at the cat & fiddle).
    I have 5 settings on my battery so if I'm going to be out all day I put it on low.
    I like having a seperate battery as I can use it for other non-motocycling activities - like cycling or watching the rugby.

Chatterbox
    I didn't brave the ride over to Broad Hinton for the meal.
    I didn't want to sit about for ages in my gear. Or lug a change of clothes over there.
    So i haven't been out for a blat for what seems like kin' years.

Got a bit of cabin fever going down......

Everything else is shyte

I went to a biker friends funeral today down in Exeter, I think I experienced every type of weather there is. On the way back I had to stop half way to regain feeling in my extremities. The nice people in ilchester services took pity on me and let me behind the counter to toast mysrl on their heater. It was most appreciated. Funeral was good though, especially with the turn out of bikers.

^^^ made me smile Nano, 'funeral was good' there speaks a biker
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I'm with Ducatista, been using a Keiss vest for a few years now. I use the battery, fine for my 1hr commute and back. Use it off the bike too, makes a huge difference.
    Anyone fancy a pint?