Notices

Thread: Shark Raw Helmet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've definitely seen a DOT german and a shorty on a US online store, I'll try to dig up a link later.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Phoenix bike shop in Trowbridge sell Shark helmets
    No idea if they stock that one though

I'm the same as Wes I only buy Shark helmets
    Tried one of these on at Phoenix, they have them in stock atm i believe v.comfortable helmet! you can get it in full face or open

was looking of getting one myself

I took the plunge and bought one of these (the soyouz paint job in mat black and grey). Can't believe how light it is in comparison to my Caberg. Added advantage, it looks pretty cool on

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I took the plunge and bought one of these (the soyouz paint job in mat black and grey). Can't believe how light it is in comparison to my Caberg. Added advantage, it looks pretty cool on
    after going to phoenix motorcycles in trowbridge on Tuesday and finding they haven't got any, I decided to shoot to fowlers in Bristol to try one on,,

the helmet itself I got on with, as you said very light, but the goggles and guard, what a pina ! once on its ok but a found it a struggle to left up with one hand, and I notice there was one helmet that obviously had been tried a few times, and it was quite lose , can imagine that being fun around 40-50 mph,

having said that, its def a cool helmet, and I hope you have nothing but pleasure wearing it

ive tried one and they are comfy until you want to break the law and go a bit 'mad max' ????? then the mask tries to push throughh your face !!!! also you need to buy another visor to ride at night as it only comes with a dark. riding with the mask up over 40 mph and youll have a good neck work out, but they are cool.

they do do a ful face version which seems a little more strudy, but again dark visor ????

Quote Originally Posted by 8_ball View Post
    ive tried one and they are comfy until you want to break the law and go a bit 'mad max' ????? then the mask tries to push throughh your face !!!! also you need to buy another visor to ride at night as it only comes with a dark. riding with the mask up over 40 mph and youll have a good neck work out, but they are cool.

they do do a ful face version which seems a little more strudy, but again dark visor ????
    gonna stick with my matt black XR1000 for now, I was nervous about not having a full face anyhows but glad to be put off open face ones by the RAW! def a cool helmet just better looking than wearing I guess!,,

Horses for courses I guess. Yes, if i'm out to tear down the road then I want the protection of a full face. However, there are days when I fancy a bit of a bimble. On such days an open face, letting a bit of air to circulate, is just what the doctor ordered, especially in the heat of summer. I've got to be honest sometimes I'm in no rush and just enjoy relaxing and going with the flow. Got a feeling the Raw' will come into it's own on those days. It's all a matter of taste and matching the mood...

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Horses for courses I guess. Yes, if i'm out to tear down the road then I want the protection of a full face. However, there are days when I fancy a bit of a bimble. On such days an open face, letting a bit of air to circulate, is just what the doctor ordered, especially in the heat of summer. I've got to be honest sometimes I'm in no rush and just enjoy relaxing and going with the flow. Got a feeling the Raw' will come into it's own on those days. It's all a matter of taste and matching the mood...
    You are right mate, looks wise it's the bomb I just felt it was trying to be something it isn't

As in your prob just as well off in a pisspot with a pair of dirty dogs

And if I find the right one for a quick cruise down the road I'll get it

Either way happy biking dude

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I've definitely seen a DOT german and a shorty on a US online store, I'll try to dig up a link later.
    Forgot to follow up on this

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Hel...elmets/115Matt - DOT german

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Hel...s/100FlatBlack - DOT shorty/half

Not really legal here but worst I've had for a blatant plastic novelty is a boring roadside safety lecture, DOT ones should have a proper liner comparable to 22.05 lids. £50 shipping is a killer though

Got out today for a bit and decided to wear the new Shark Raw helmet for the first time. Was worried it might have been a little cold for an open face but I was very pleasantly surprised. The goggles did an excellent job of keeping cold air away so no annoying teary eyes. Also the helmet was extremely comfortable, offering head mobility only dreamed off in my Caberg full face. All in all, very happy with the purchase.