Notices

Thread: Shark Raw Helmet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Shark Raw Helmet 
    Looking for an open face helmet for the hotter summer months and came across this one advertised and liked the look. Was wondering if anyone owned one or has tried one out and could give an opinion on quality and comfort. The nearest supplier is Fowlers which is a fair old trudge from down here in Yeovil and I would happily avoid the trip if the helmets a piece of ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4x2qY60SY

Ive tried one at Fowlers and it felt really good, but I only wear Shark Helmets because of the good fitment for me personally.

As long as it's got the Gold star or the Kite mark then it's a good helmet. The rest is down to fit. I could tell you it's the most comfortable lid in the world but
    1) What makes you think I know what I'm talking about?
    2) what're the chances of us having the same shape head?
    Fowlers have a massive selection so you'll find something. If not there's always Riders down the road.

one thing to bear in mind with 'big' shops, is that many or no people might have tried the demo helmet on.
    go to the bike show or anywhere that will let you buy the one you try. I did it once and it pinched my temple areas when I rode, gave me a headache.
    London show comming up , may be a few bargains especially on last day

I concede not all noggins are created are equal and the kite mark indicates adherence to safety standards. However, this helmet has integral goggles to which a face mask is attached. I guess I should have been specific as to my concerns regards quality in this area of the helmet...sorry if my initial enquiry appeared naive.

Banned
    Phoenix bike shop in Trowbridge sell Shark helmets
    No idea if they stock that one though

I'm the same as Wes I only buy Shark helmets
    Last edited by Swanny; 10-01-15 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    However, this helmet has integral goggles to which a face mask is attached.
    I saw one of them in the mega motorcycle store last weekend. Gave it a bit of a prod because I wondered how loose/shoddy the mask bit would be and it seemed well made. Didn't try it on though bit rich for me at £210. Not sure I see the point though open face is...open face, why buy an open lid to then have integral mask and goggles that to all intent and purpose make a closed face (minus the added safety of a proper closed face).

Looks good though in a sort of fighter pilot meets mad max type style.

nice post...........

was wondering what the hell I was going to do as now gone from sports/streetfighters to a V rod, and not sure the piss pot is the way to go here in the UK weather!! or safety wise

but I think you may have shown me the light! there seems to be a few different styles and makes doing this now

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MaDMaX68 View Post
    not sure the piss pot is the way to go here in the UK weather!! or safety wise
    There are some DOT approved halfs, pots and Germans that from looking at I think they only don't get 22.05 due to them not coming down low enough. That said though I have an 22.05 approved Caberg that covers less of my head than the novelty German piss pot in my photo, god knows how that got approved.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    There are some DOT approved halfs, pots and Germans that from looking at I think they only don't get 22.05 due to them not coming down low enough. That said though I have an 22.05 approved Caberg that covers less of my head than the novelty German piss pot in my photo, god knows how that got approved.
    Am surprised you can get DOT approved pots and the like !
    And def a little bit out of my comfort zone but I guess anything other than full face is a risk