Notices

Thread: Free speech or inciting hatred?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I find it very foreign, absurd and I find it offensive, not letting women drive (actually lol), women treated like 3rd class citizens, beheadings for: witchcraft, wizardry, apostasy, drug dealing, drug taking, murder, leaving the religion, insulting the prophet, they are just the highlights... 3 Women in shria courts count as the testimony as one man. The problem lies with the fact we separated laws, common sense laws (I would beg to differ on some of them) from religion. These guys think that the word from an insane old merchant/warlord is the last word of god, there will never be another prophet.

It makes me wonder why they think its so abhorrent to depict the prophet, Islam etc. Is it because Muslims themselves might take a CRITICAL look at Islam and think, hang on a minute - its all bit ****ing mental really. The Prophet chose Milk instead of Wine (why they don't drink alcohol) when Mohammad ascended to heaven on a flying white horse funnily enough from the Church of Holy Sepulchre where Christians believe Christ was crucified - but the Prophet is buried in Medina, Saudi Arabia - I've seen the grave site, lucky as a non believer. Can anyone see the problem there? Any sort of art takes creative thinking. See the problem.

The Christian Terrorist Gerry wasn't claiming that God wanted him to take back Northern Island from that 'thing' in the green, who wouldn't surprise me if she's had a hand in a lot of the worlds troubles..

Calling Islam out to justify its own insanity.

Sorry redken, but it's not the 1st time we have disagreed on politics (myself and WB) though I believe last time I was simply dismissed as "stupid". I will hold my tongue so as not to mess your thread up further than I have already. If you would like I will edit the text out of my posts just say if you want that.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Sorry redken, but it's not the 1st time we have disagreed on politics (myself and WB) though I believe last time I was simply dismissed as "stupid". I will hold my tongue so as not to mess your thread up further than I have already. If you would like I will edit the text out of my posts just say if you want that.
    That's you're freedom of speech fella edit nothing!

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntsunlimited View Post
    That's you're freedom of speech fella edit nothing!
    No point in having any discussions about anything if we feel that we can't express our views freely and if we don't respect opposing views. I was only reminding all contributors that if we end up with a slanging match it would inevitably lead to closure of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    No point in having any discussions about anything if we feel that we can't express our views freely and if we don't respect opposing views. I was only reminding all contributors that if we end up with a slanging match it would inevitably lead to closure of the debate.
    To lighten the mood, here's a link to Bill Mahers Mockumentry Religulous. Its pretty funny. for those of you that haven't seen it - a serious look at religion, using some fun and some experts who are now thinking - 'Its ****ing Mental'

http://youtu.be/E2zhlDbMfDg?t=12s

Banned
    Watch out or the forum Nazi's will be along to lock this thread.
    Freedom of speech is not allowed here

I agree with Georges point of view

Last edited by Swanny; 10-01-15 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Watch out or the forum Nazi's will be along to lock this thread.
    Freedom of speech is not allowed here

I agree with Georges point of view

LOVE IT!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntsunlimited View Post
    To lighten the mood, here's a link to Bill Mahers Mockumentry Religulous. Its pretty funny. for those of you that haven't seen it - a serious look at religion, using some fun and some experts who are now thinking - 'Its ****ing Mental'

http://youtu.be/E2zhlDbMfDg?t=12s
    Very good. Reminds me of Bill Hicks

Banned
    Twelve members of Islamic State have been left seriously amused after a ruthless gang of satirists forced their way into its headquarters and proceeded to ridicule up the place.

Sarcasm, parody and irony are all said to have been used in what many are seeing as a broader attack on everyone's freedom to stone homosexuals or cut babies in half.
    IS employee, Mohammed Adir, was quietly working on ways to interpret ancient religious texts so as to justify beheading schoolgirls when the siege took place.

'One of them had a sketchpad, but that's about all I can remember. I think he was the leader.'
    'The rest of them just sat there riffing gags back and forth and taking central tenets of our religious philosophy to their naturally absurd logical conclusions. They must have been planning it for months.' he continued.
    Abu Mustafa, an IS freelancer who was busy cutting the still-screaming head off a humanitarian aid worker in Northern Africa when he heard of the attack, considers himself lucky.

'What's the world coming to when you can't go about trying to establish a worldwide caliphate of unchallenged barbaric totalitarianism in peace?'
    'I'm just thankful that most of those in the building at the time didn't possess the requisite critical thinking skills to have been affected. Otherwise, who knows how many might have 'got it'.'

Sadly, not everyone was so fortunate; the worst affected being the twelve who were subjected to over forty minutes of humorous, rational observations encouraging healthy skepticism and freedom of thought. Unfortunately, for IS and all its supporters, their condition is now said to be 'critical'.

I only have one viceā€¦I lie.