Notices

Thread: 30 day warranty!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The service in Fowlers has always been crappy.
    If something did go awry in the 30 days they'd probably still try and weasel out of it.
    Shop around and save a few pounds that you can then put into an aftermarket warranty.

Best I can say about Fowlers is they do a good breakfast...
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Everything is negotiable - especially at this time of year.
    Just get it in writing (I would ask for 12 months warranty at that price - as a minimum!!)

I'm sure i got 3months engine and gearbox warranty from Motorcycle Mania in Frome for a bike a lot less expensive than that, its a buyers market at this time of year, haggle !

Its a lot of money for such a short warranty, especially considering the time of year, you probably wont get that many run outs to put any decent mileage on the bike, makes the 30 day seem negliabile.

Platinum Member
    Of course this is 'on top' of your statutory rights, which goes along the lines of anything breaks in first 6 months it is deemed to be there at the point of sale. I've had it twice with cars from dealers now, faults occur in first 6 months, they try to wriggle stating 30 day warranty, contact trading stds, they give you a template letter, you send it of recorded, dealer suddenly agrees to repairs. One car i got full refund minus £200 on at the 6 month point as fault just kept coming back. This is for any second hand vehicle from a dealer, you have 6 months implied warranty in law, and they know it.

Warranty not worth the paper they are written on, find out which manufacturer makes the most reliable Motorcycle, Car, etc, and go with that, that's what I have been doing for year's now and I found that too be the best warranty of all.

Dealers are for the convenience of the buyer, nothing they sell is guaranteed to be any better than anything on offer by anyone else, private or trader. If you carry out all the necessary due diligence you will find out as much about the bikes past as the dealer will ever tell you. Like they say,"buyer beware!" Fowlers have always displayed a certain lack of care or interest in my experience, they have built a strong business but everything is now on their terms take or leave it.

Yes Buyer Beware dealer's are not you friend's, they are sharks and you are food and when you come through the doors it's dinner time, and a warranty is designed to give you peace of mind but the small print says in your dreams sucker.

Platinum Member
    Buyer beware only applies to private sales, dealer purchases are covered by the sale of goods act http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...V0003-1011.txt
    I know someone who had the runaround from Fowlers, they applied the SOGA, and Fowlers changed tack, most dealers do when they realise you know your rights.