Notices

Thread: 30 day warranty!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. 30 day warranty! 
    It seems I can buy £15 toaster and get 12 month warranty, yet look to spend nearly £9000 on a BMW R1200 at Fowlers and get a 30 day warranty? Seems to say to me they don't have much confidence in what they are selling. Of course I can buy an extended warranty?

i was was expecting a minimum 12 month warranty or am I being naive?

Diamond Member
    If you buy an approved bike from a BMW dealer (if its outside of the standard 2 year warranty) it comes with a full 12 months warranty. If you buy from any other dealer you get what you're given or you can negotiate. How old is the bike? Extended warranties don't cover everything so do your research on the particular bike to look for any weak points.

At that money with no warranty or guarentee you'd be better off finding a private sale and saving a few thousand pounds I would think.

ditto. just as easy from ebay.
    alternatively threaten that you will take your business else where failing that negotiate to include in the sale price.
    this time of the year there are plenty of dealers who NEED to sell and will offer extras as an incentive

the other possibility, is pay on a credit card. you should get longer?

Rediculous ! Tell them to insert their 30 days up an exhaust pipe. Try Dick Lovett's (no connection other than hospitality for Santa Run).
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Just bought a second hand Skoda Yeti from Turners, Erlestoke and they threw in an extended warranty running until May 2016!
    I wouldn't buy from a dealer unless they provided a long warranty. It shows if they have faith in what they are selling you

30 days is a piss take, especially on a bike of that value. I could understand if it was a £900 part ex that they're trying to get shot of but not that sort of value. As others have said, I'd be tempted to look for a private sale and save some money - why pay a dealer's premium if you don't get anything for it? The whole reason they charge more is usually the warranty and the pre-sales checks etc
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

30 days seems utterly ridiculous! As others have said look private better to have zero days and save a wad of cash.

Bought a 52 plate 13k miles gsxr1000 from Crescent Honda in November and that came with a 3 month warranty without asking. I thought that was fair on a 12 year old, £3k bike, plenty long enough to ensure there is nothing wrong with the bike when it left the dealer.
    30 days on a £9k bike is a piss take, I wouldn't even bother to try and haggle more if they can't be bothered to offer at least 3 months to start with on a bike of that value