This is driving me up the wall.

I taxed my Rover Mini on Oct 1st, I'd had the car for sale since the middle of September so wanted to keep it available for test drives. Anyway, sods law prevailing as usual I taxed it in the morning, about an hour later I get a call from a serious buyer from Bridgewater who arrives a little later and buys the car. Everything on the DVLA site tells me I need to do nothing, tax will be automatically refunded to me (but nothing on the site states how) I have now emailed DVLA 4 times, still have no refund and no answer as to why. Last I heard was 26 November they were sending my details to the department that deals with refunds, since then, nothing. Every time they've responded I have had to go through all my details again with them.

Now 10 weeks plus since I sold the car, I wonder if I could get away with not taxing something for the same amount of time? I doubt it

Has anyone had a refund yet under this new system? I am curious to find out how this works (for those lucky enough to have been refunded) or if everyone is in the same position

Sold my 675 Daytona today, it still has a couple of months tax on so I am going to get the old form from the Post Office and send it back the old fashioned way and see what happens