Notices

Thread: lost faith

Hybrid View

I will always stop for a bike on the side of the road, however every single time I have, the biker has given me a WTF look and declined help. Very rarely stop for a car unless there's something obvious I can do, i.e. help change a spare wheel.

My old bike broke down on me on the way home from work in Bath; and it was -5 and 2300 at night. The AA was on route but was going to take 3 hours to get to me (i need the trailer). 4 people stopped in about 15minutes and asked if I was ok and there person in the house behind came out and gave me a cuppa, they then came out 20mins later and asked if I wanted to some food and they made me the most delicious thai curry, I got to watch a top gear DVD as well. Good will is not dead quite yet!

Now that a Good Start to the Year

the guys here are correct most people are c**ts... How I found this forum? We'll one bright sunny day I was out on my RSV not too far from home when the thing just died - so I started pushing it home. A car stopped and offered help. Fab, can you drop my helmet, gloves back to my house etc. You can imagine the look of terror on my girlfriends face when a stranger (Hunar) walked up the path carrying my gear. The rest is History. Empathy level within the human race is at a minimum right now, don't expect anything from anyone. There are some good people out there mostly on this forum...

Did my 'boy scout' bit for the year this morning.
    Lad pushing a scooter up from Hick's Gate towards Brislington. I stopped. His throttle cable had snapped.
    I produce a screwdriver and he upped the idle speed. Got him home.

I only have one vice…I lie.