Notices

Thread: lost faith

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. lost faith 
    well after a 2 hour period sat at the side of the road i have now adopted the %%£^&& em all attitude.

I broke down bike in bits just out side chippenham christmas eve, I rekon about 200 vehicles passed me and not one even waved, they all looked not just cars. luckly I could fix and after doing a 300 meter dash pushing the bike to get out of danger I managed to strip the bike in a layby, or I think they would have just drove over me.

Does my head in that every bike I pass that has stopped I always signal and turn around and ask If they need help. It could be as simple as fuel or a fuse, Ive change tyres for people in the passed, why have all the nice people adopted the same attitude ????? (oh look someones broken down ??) and keep on going ??? made my blood boil..

if you passed me Id like to thank you for stopping I only needed a fuse or a piece of the chewing gum foil out of your ash tray , but hey you know who you are ???? one day it will be you or your kids ??

not to worry Ill stop ?? or will I ??

This is why this generation is going to be poorer than the previous generation, it's because it's all about me and sod anyone else, A little help go's a long way, and so does no help,
    a sorry story indeed

Diamond Member
    It's the time of year I suspect. In the season of goodwill to all men people seem to get more impatient and rude !
    Pleased you were able to fix it.
    Cheers

Unless you look really scary I would have certainly stopped if I'd been going past.

Banned
    Sorry to hear that. I always slow down and put my thumb up to see if they are ok when I think someone might need a hand

problem nowadays, is people wont stop because they dont know what to do! had I been in the van, I would have stopped and put the roof lights on.
    getting back to the problem,I assume you dont carry spare fuses?

I'd like to say that ignorant people are a minority but it's not true.
    Most people are c*#+s.
    I stopped for a girl who'd broken down in a flood on a blind bend.
    I jumped out, pushed her around the corner, ruining my new shoes in the process.
    Her response? "Well I can't f'ing leave it here!"

I stopped for an elderly lady again broken down in the rain, going in the opposite direction and causing a huge tailback.
    I ran past 15 cars, many with men younger and bigger than me to push her car.
    She was nearly in tears as she tried to push it herself and the people behind sat there beeping.

Even though nobody else does and even though some don't appreciate it, I'll never stop helping people who need it.
    It's how I'm made.

I am at a loss to explain why it is this happens so much these days. I have seen accidents where people will just drive through the carnage and completely ignore it. I even know of a biker who was led in the road in obvious agony and i guy pulled up next to him, rolled down the window and shouted at him to "get that pile of **** out of my way"!
    Sadly people have very little compassion anymore. Sad sign of the times.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

I will always stop for a bike on the side of the road, however every single time I have, the biker has given me a WTF look and declined help. Very rarely stop for a car unless there's something obvious I can do, i.e. help change a spare wheel.

I always stop or put a hand up to see if they need help, even gone back round a dual carriageway after i saw a lad on l plates broken down, he had someone coming out to him, but did say thanks for stopping. Attended a RTA on the m4 as ive always got a first aid kit on the bike, and had to do a bit before the ambulance arrived, nothing serious, but its always a comfort knowing theres someone about to help.