Notices

Thread: lost faith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I definitely think people on the whole are less likely to stop these days but I am surprised if bikes went past without stopping if you looked like you needed help. The shame is that there are probably people on here or elsewhere that would have been very happy to come out and help if only they knew. Perhaps some clever person could put together a "Bikers Rescue" app that notifies members when you need help. Glad you fixed it.

thanks guys for your points of view it is refreshing knowing that there is people that will help. In hin-sight ?? (spelling,lol) now there is a few days between me and the event I think that I should of not posted as the feelings where still a little .......raw.
    do I look scary ...... well when I look in the mirror ....I dont jump ??? to other people maybe
    did I look like I needed help ??? probably not ..... bike in bits head down but no SOS signals coming from my phone or writen on the floor with the bits of bike...
    Do i carry fuses..... now this is a sour taste ....yes.....normally in my bag (the one at home) on the bike seat taped to the under side...the one I have just changed ??lol.
    lesson learned about myself. DONT CHANGE A HABBIT OF A LIFE TIME,,,,
    I will still stop and help people much like the most of us and if it happens again .....?????? Ill wear warmer clothes lol

Cheers guys happy new year

I just think that I can't change other peoples attitudes only my own. So I don't ever expect people to help me when I need it. Although I still think peoples attitudes stink a lot of the time. I would definitely of helped you if you needed it. I always would go out of my way to help if somebody needs it. But I never expect it back. But I think their is a difference in general bike riders and car drivers.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Platinum Member
    I always stop and offer help.
    - but I guess I'm just that type of guy

I'm usually the one delivering first aid too though....

8 ball stick my number in your phone mate one of our lads are always floating around in the vans, whilst I'm not green flag I wouldn't leave a rider high and dry

My neighbour (also bikers) stopped for someone between Westbury and Warminster who ran out of fuel, they were most embarrassed and were given a lift to the nearest fuel station - only another mile!
    I saw someone the other day stopped but they seemed okay and I had to be somewhere, normally I would stop, especially if they looked in distress (pi$$ed off) or had the bike in bits.

I would be happy to add my number to a list of contacts who would happily rescue a fellow biker - take them tools, fuel or even rescue the bike if my neighbours van was available. Did this with a 4x4 group in the past in case anyone got stuck in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Republic View Post
    This is why this generation is going to be poorer than the previous generation, it's because it's all about me and sod anyone else, A little help go's a long way, and so does no help,
    a sorry story indeed
    This generation? I find old people the most ignorant personally, everytime i've been stuck at the side of the road someone in the 20s/30s usually stops to see if your ok. Unless im on the bike, then no one bothers to stop...

I pushed a bike from the 303 slip road at Thruxton track back to Tidworth a while ago....... nobody bothered to stop and ask till I was on the edge of Tidworth when somebody offered me some water because I looked a mess (hot day). Don't think that's a generational thing.

My old bike broke down on me on the way home from work in Bath; and it was -5 and 2300 at night. The AA was on route but was going to take 3 hours to get to me (i need the trailer). 4 people stopped in about 15minutes and asked if I was ok and there person in the house behind came out and gave me a cuppa, they then came out 20mins later and asked if I wanted to some food and they made me the most delicious thai curry, I got to watch a top gear DVD as well. Good will is not dead quite yet!

Now that a Good Start to the Year