Notices

Thread: Where to get bike tyres in Swindon?

1. Where to get bike tyres in Swindon? 
    Need to get a Bridgestone BT023 120/60/17 fitted, tried Steve Lynham (no stock - £86) or bike treads (in stock but £94), anywhere else to try before I get it sorted?

Steve Lynham has always got tyres in for me the next day if he hasn't got them in stock when I phone.
    Ducati Diavel Dark

we get them next day so why Steve cant get??

Steve needs to build up an order to get free postage, so he can compete with Bike Treads on the price.

Wheelers - it's for the ZZR600 you sold Nigel & myself a couple of weekends ago. The rear is a BT023 and is in good health so just swapping the front out to match.

with our wholesalers, we have to spend £150 to get free postage. thats the only constraint, usually a pair will do.
    dont know if I said at the time, Busters (M&P) usually beat our suppliers prices , and they get them from the same supplier.
    you could look here..
    http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/motorbik...20-60-17/?m=25

could also look at the original size , think it should be 120-70/17
    Last edited by wheelers; 09-12-14 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelers View Post

could also look at the original size , think it should be 120-70/17
    120-60/17 is stock for the front (160-60/17 on rear)

That tyreleader place is considerably cheaper; just £70. Bugger. He's decided to just go ahead and just get it through bike treads as he wants to put it all back together again and doesn't want to faff around. Will use Tyreleader next time for my 9r though. The ZZR has been pretty much completely stripped down now and put back together again.

The issue you mentioned where the RAC were called - he came to it after rebuilding and it wouldn't even prime the fuel pump. Turns out where the alarm had been taken out but the wiring was in place, something had gone wrong with the wiring and had pretty much immobilized the bike. He's been through it with a wiring diagram and completely restored the loom back to how it should be. Also rewelded and repaired the holes in the bottom of the exhaust as I managed to blow all of the exhaust paste holding it together on the spirited ride home

As you have already said we do have the Bridgestone 120/60ZR17 BT023 in stock and the price fitted to a loose wheel is £94.14 or fitted to the bike £106.12
    You will also get to take advantage of our 25% off all Gear Gremiln items for any items you want at the same time

Bike Treads

Aye, I got it done yesterday. Wasn't made aware of any 25% offers though.

Ah ok no problem, if you come back in we are running the 25% off offer until the end of 2014......