Notices

Thread: Winter Bike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What makes you say that? I loved mine. Ran it through two winters, snow, ice everything. Air cooled so no hassle, no fairing to scuff if you drop it, great on fuel and will still run over a ton.
    Ride a GS500 then ride a CB500..... I promise you'll never want to see the GS again. That plus when I was thinking of buying one I went to see quite a lot, they were all utter turds, corroded horrible messes, even the low milers with plenty of receipts on close inspection were grim. I went to see one that someone had at some point chopped the back off, another owner had then rebuilt with what actually appeared to be meccano.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerflamingo View Post
    That gsx750 is nice. Seen it before. I'm guna see where they are. That fzr... are they easy fixes you reckon??
    It's got near a years MOT, so only real priorities are indicators (£10 for some cheap universals) and fork seals (pig of a job but if you DIY then maybe £30 and a couple of hours time). Speedo cable is 2 minutes and a replacement cable (under a tenner).

If you wanted it to look cosmetically better then it's just waiting, watching eBay for the fairings it needs and then a few quid on rattlecans.

It's not the best as a ready to go hack from the ones I listed, but as a rolling project to use as a hack while working on it, it could be good. It just wants to see a little £ spent and a fair bit of time. End result could be a fun, cheap toy.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    It's got near a years MOT, so only real priorities are indicators (£10 for some cheap universals) and fork seals (pig of a job but if you DIY then maybe £30 and a couple of hours time). Speedo cable is 2 minutes and a replacement cable (under a tenner).

If you wanted it to look cosmetically better then it's just waiting, watching eBay for the fairings it needs and then a few quid on rattlecans.

It's not the best as a ready to go hack from the ones I listed, but as a rolling project to use as a hack while working on it, it could be good. It just wants to see a little £ spent and a fair bit of time. End result could be a fun, cheap toy.
    I reckon that gsx750f might be a shout. The fz6 looks a bit out of my depth. I know it's basic stuff but I'm a bit special
    I don't even ride with stabilisers. And what?

I'd like to introduce you to the new member of the family 20141210_171550.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys. 2 of the bikes suggested I nearly bought.

Proper bike and u only need you only need to spend 9 minutes a year washing it, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Proper bike and u only need you only need to spend 9 minutes a year washing it, enjoy!
    Yeh I'm happy with it. Even with the incredibly hideous seat....

Banned
    It's very red

Quote Originally Posted by Killerflamingo View Post

After Xmas il review my finances and see if anyone on here wants to sell anything!
    I'l have a GSXR600 K2 and a 03 R6 for sale in the spring if you fancy something faired

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    I'l have a GSXR600 K2 and a 03 R6 for sale in the spring if you fancy something faired
    What condition is the Gixer and is it blue & white?