Notices

Thread: Michael Brown Shooting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Have a look at who owns the media
    This shows who owns the American media http://www.whoownsthenews.com/
    The news is reported on so that it suits their agendas, There is no such thing as free press these days.

Diamond Member
    How can national governments control the media in the age of the internet? I haven't bought a paper in over 5 years. So many sites out there reporting on global issues. I was well informed on the firefighters' dispute. As long as the reader is aware of the politics of the editorial it's not too difficult to sift through what is fact and what is propaganda.

Banned
    Why do you think they are trying to take control of the internet?

Diamond Member
    You are right Swanny, but a very difficult task to control the internet which does not recognize international borders. The Genie is out of the bottle and it ain't going back. One more point - if a US police officer fired 12 shots to apprehend a youth for what was a petty crime, imagine what they might get up to if they were not held to account by the media. Albeit far from perfect we need a healthy media to act as our eyes and ears.
    Last edited by redken1; 13-12-14 at 06:44 PM.

Chatterbox
    Ok, all well and good.

We are all familiar with the grand scheme of control and manipulation, orchestration of the masses and

So why was this particular (sorry) tale splashed all over the place ?
    Last edited by Last Train; 13-12-14 at 07:54 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

The officer wasn't aware of the shoplifting until after he shot Brown.
    He shot him because he tried to grab the officers side arm and after being fought off ran at him.

Of course it's hard to know exactly how you would react to a police officer pointing a gun at you until it happens but I'm fairly confident my response wouldn't be to try and grab his gun

Platinum Member
    Police shootings in one month alone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._November_2014 out of control? Yes i think so, trigger happy cops in America, maybe a ban on guns would bring down these statistics, as the baddies wouldn't give the cops an excuse in most cases, however they probably kill you another way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LSBpwmMnVM

Diamond Member
    Taken from transcripts of the Ferguson inquiry to clarify a couple of points.

Cigarillos: McCulloch indicated that Officer Wilson was aware of a report of a “strong-arm” robbery at a nearby corner shop when he spotted him and another man walking down the centre of a street and challenged them from his car and had connected them with that incident. Cigarillos had been stolen; Brown was carrying cigarillos. Police earlier said he had not connected the men with the robbery.

Hands up: St Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch said one of the issues that continued to generate conflicting testimony was whether Mr Brown had his hands up in surrender at any time while shots were being fired at him. Some witnesses said yes, some said no. 'Hands Up,' became the united slogan of protestors. "The description of how Mr Brown raised his hands is not consistent between witnesses," said McCulloch.
    Last edited by redken1; 15-12-14 at 09:57 PM.

Banned
    I wonder why they've stopped talking about Ukraine ?
    Massive build up of US forces there, they are pushing Russia too far