Notices

Thread: cold weather bonus horses?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. cold weather bonus horses?! 
    Any one else enjoying this lovelly dry cold weather? my bike seems to like it certainly getting a few extra horses with the colder drier air. Only down side is that is blooming freezing! I started wearing the thermal one piece with stylish bum flap and got caught changing at work, definitley lost my cool. Should the lack of humidity and heat make such a difference to a bike or is mine just wierd?

Banned
    Cold air definitely makes a difference

Pipes tend to pop and bark back in the cold weather. Sounds lovely

cold air is denser so there is more body to the fuelmix so absorbs more fuel and is more efficient. methanol and NOS are cold fuels and used in race machines

much better running at lower temps, good for the engine, not so for the rider, but hey , its a fair trade off

Being a newbie I was just thinking the bike was having a good week, but after reading this post i now see, i was wanting to take it easy this week riding to work, with it being a bit slippy out and new tyres, but the bike was yelling at me "let's go" after coughing for a minute at start.

Can't wait to get the Enfield out this weekend and enjoy the extra 0.5 hp ; )

Started back to home from Honda at Swindon today at 13.00 with the sun in my eye's most of the way making it very very hard too see, not for me this time of the year the sun is too low in the sky.

Found this good article covering it http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/q...ect-horsepower

Whilst enjoying the extra horses this evening on the way home I found the not so fun winter problem of road salt! Glad I had the PR4s got me right before Uncle Gus came around the corner....blooming cold I had frost on my Visor when I got home.

Stay safe!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Republic View Post
    Started back to home from Honda at Swindon today at 13.00 with the sun in my eye's most of the way making it very very hard too see, not for me this time of the year the sun is too low in the sky.
    You're riding the wrong way. Turn around and ride the other way until it gets dark