6 weeks ago I took delivery of my new van.
I'm very pleased with it and it's a pleasure to drive with the odd exception.
I find my standard of driving dropped considerably due to all the distractions in the van.
Having an electric gadget for every conceivable need is great but it's bloody distracting.
Nothing is straight forward.
Everytime I put the heater on the A/C comes on automatically. I'm told this de-mists the window quicker, but what if I just want to warm up? I have to take my eyes off the road, reach down and hit the button. As I'm not used to it this happens a lot.
Blue tooth is another thing. If I was driving my old van and I had a call I would pull over or wait until I got to the destination. Now I can talk hands free using the multi buttoned wheel. Distracting.
I've got different engine modes, gear change warnings, heated seats, parking sensors, door and seatbelt warning alarms. Distracting!
All of these things that are designed to make it easier actually detracts from the experience of driving and therefore causes the driver to lose focus and the ability to drive safely.
Keep in mind that this is only a van.
I can't imagine what the latest luxury motor from Deutschland has to offer.
My advice: if you see a new motor heading your way give it a wide berth. Especially if I'm behind the wheel!