Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post

One of the most comfortable cars I've been in was an S80. Ugly as sin but an amazing piece of kit.
If I was in the market for a 2nd hand motor I'd go Volvo everytime. The used prices are ridiculously cheap for what you get.
Yup, residuals are terrible on the S80 and if you could find a fully loaded one and don't mind the dynamics or the lack of German badge then a fantastic car.

I had an XC70 for 3 years before this V60 and actually preferred it but personal tax saving on the V60 hybrid is huge and it handles and performs way better, I do miss the huge boot though. MY XC listed at shade over £47k in 2011 when I ordered it (told you I like the extras!) and the lease company offered it to me for £13,800 with 80k miles on it in September when the lease was up. Massive spec with every single extra you could get at the time (vented/heated/memory seats, sub woofer, power tailgate. 18 inch alloys, rood spoiler + all the security/drivers/lighting packs, etc and the Dolby 840w, 3 mode suspension ) 50mpg, £115 road tax and with 185bhp went okay as well, I was sooooo tempted but my missus didn't want it as her daily day driver saying it was too big, I don't think the Volvo zero street cred helped ; )