Notices

Thread: 'additional' lighting advice needed

1. 'additional' lighting advice needed 
    With the dark evenings drawing in and I seem to be thinking about the need to improve my lights on the bike (fz6-s2 fazer this is the part faired version hence naf lights). I use a night breaker (only got one light) and the side lights are next to useless for illumination. The night breaker is good much better than the standards but.....

I was wondering what others do to improve the overall lighting of their bike. I very rarely can use the main beam due to all the traffic. I find the cone from the light is very restricted. I was thinking about adding some low level spots on the forks to illuminate the road ahead a little better. I need to be able to run these along side the dipped headlight so I can actually use them. I have tried to find out a little more about his on the web but there is very little (regarding the law). Are LED lights any good for distance illumination? Are they legal in conjuction with the dipped beam? I think I can spare an additional 110W load or I could replace the side lights. Any expiriences about which type of accessory lights are best for illumination and the position of the law (and indeed the lights!) would be appriciated. As there seems to be a lot of conflicting advice.

Also on a similar vane. Any recomendations for night glare reducing visors?

The couple of LED bulbs I tried on my old 250 were pants at long distance, I think that's why the adverts always show them casting light on something close. I just fitted an LED strip to my ZZR that doesn't cast light but does make the bike vastly more visible from the front (it's under the front fairing and lights up the front from the forks down). If you want more light to actually see with beyond a higher wattage bulb you need to look at HID kits.

Any and all MOT related advice you need is here http://www.motuk.com/Motorcycle%20MOT.asp that's the MOT manual so take it as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Any and all MOT related advice you need is here http://www.motuk.com/Motorcycle%20MOT.asp that's the MOT manual so take it as gospel.
    with the caveat " at the testers discression"

Here you go...

maxresdefault.jpg
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.