Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
With the questionable accuracy of the GPS antenna in (and variation of accuracy between) handsets, It won't stand up in a court room. It would be down to the CPS to prove "beyond all reasonable doubt" that any data from the phone was perfectly accurate. If stuntsunlimited saves his run showing him going through a hedge and field that would make any attempt to prove the accuracy of his phone to be used against him to secure a criminal conviction laughable.
I think I might have you representing me in court! Your correct, its up to them to prove you were doing something wrong, not for you to prove you was not! An all too common misconception. I escaped an (alleged) speeding fine, points - If I was speeding, it wasn't anything stupid. Deciding to fight it in court I ignored the NIP, went to court representing myself. Had the statement from the police officer disclosed to me, he said he got me on speed radar at 1 or 7000 meters (just over 4 miles) from his position. I informed the Magistrate it looked like 7000 meters (the Magistrates agreed) I informed the court 7000 meters (just over 4 miles) is not possible in a straight line on that particular road. Magistrate agreed - case dismissed. Luck was definantly on my side that day. Pretty nerve-wracking though.