Notices

Thread: Poor rider !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavuk View Post
    we found kids on Peds loved seeing us and often their passenger taking video of us going past,we could learn a thing from the French, of course they don't have the potholes or the traffic they we have to put up with
    just come back today from the Somme area, brilliant roads there are some that you could hit the second ton easy, then there are the sweeping and twisty bits. we remarked thatthe worst roads we came across were better than a lot of our A roads and a few motorways, especially the concrete slabbed ones!!
    as for the kids on peds, they go round all day at 30kmph no problems, leve them parked on the pavement , a lesson for ours who just want to rant and kill them.
    as for waving, it depends on if Im on the KLR, the Harley or Ducati as to who nods back, when the Brit Iron coms out its generally a different matter, different class..
    you are less likely to get help on the road side with a race rep than a Beeza or Triumph.

I believe they have duty on petrol to pay for their roads but it must be spent on the roads in that area,makes a change from milking the taxpayer and giving it to bankers to pay themselves millions in bonus's

From bikers not nodding to fat cat bankers in only 2 posts. That's got to be a record.
    Who's going to try and steer it to "send 'em all back" or "my Grandfather fought in the bloody war"?

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    From bikers not nodding to fat cat bankers in only 2 posts. That's got to be a record.
    Who's going to try and steer it to "send 'em all back" or "my Grandfather fought in the bloody war"?
    Forums are a mecca for chinese whispers

The subject of nodding and who does it to whom and why doesn't everyone nod to everyone else, comes up every year on every motorcycle forum. Being on a few of these, I find it amusing to read the same thing being said by owners of certain brands or types of bike about everyone else. Its virtually verbatim copies doing the rounds. I'm also amazed as to why people think its an important subject and how hot under the collar some seem to get about it. Its like on Facebook when people moan that not all of their 450 "friends" wished them a happy birthday. Back on topic though, I do prefer to wave since my neck mobility isn't as good as it used to be, plus waving like the queen gives me a feeling of superiority as I ride high on my mighty BMW Gelande Strasse

Where's Ken when you need him?? :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Gavuk View Post
    I believe they have duty on petrol to pay for their roads but it must be spent on the roads in that area,makes a change from milking the taxpayer and giving it to bankers to pay themselves millions in bonus's
    not sure of the duty side but the most I paid for unleaded was 1.54 euros a litre this week so currently around £1.23 here aout the same. 2 months ago when we went last it was 1.23 euros
    well worth any duty having driven and riding them

my grandfather fought in WW1, 2 of his brothers are burried in Wimille and Thiepval the third is burried in Germany.

Diamond Member
    That's the romantic myth that bikers share a special bond which unites them, dead and buried. The divisions which are apparent in most walks of life exist within the biking fraternity too, so it would seem. I would never have dreamt of waving or nodding at a GS rider before I met Graeme. Lol.

Talking of Grandads and the war, I wonder what mine would have made of Sainsbury's Christmas advert glorifying the 'Great War' to promote their brand? The supermarket chain could have added some rats and missing limbs to the video to bring some authenticity to the ad. Perhaps that would not project the warm nicey Christmassy image they were looking for.
    Last edited by redken1; 15-11-14 at 10:53 PM.

Banned
    Wow I just had a look at that advert

Look how nice and clean their uniforms are, I guess they must use a good stain remover washing powder

My Grandad (his brother never came home) fought in the trenches in WW1 as well. I wonder who washed his uniform

I nod at all riders even Harley and BMW ones. I'm friendly even if they are ignorant bastards

I generally nod to anyone on two wheels, to add another angle though I sometimes fail to nod to some, normally in dis-belief that they are wearing only a t-shirt, have their unfastened helmet sat almost on top of their head, wearing flip-flops, no gloves or just riding like a complete tw@t!

as we are in dual topic, anyone who thinks war is clean, organised, glorious hasn't been anywhere near one.