Notices

Thread: Poor rider !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Poor rider ! 
    A chap wrote into the RIDE magazine and was quite upset. He said, ever since he brought a BMW GS nobody nods at him anymore !
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Diamond Member
    I get loads of nods although it does tend to be only from other Beemer riders. When I nod to a sportsbike rider, they sometimes seem to be in state of confusion as to what to do and end up doing nothing

I wave at everyone I see; whether or not they nod/wave back is up to them!
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

yep ^^^^

I like to include a camp little wave with my nod. Definitely confuses some riders.
    I don't even ride with stabilisers. And what?

I nod to most people, but it gets harder when a whole load of riders goes by, I start to feel like Churchill! :-) I've started not to bother with Peds though, as I've never had one back from a ped rider. I want to be inclusive, but whats the point if they don't acknowledge the nod? :-)

If you ain't got clip-ons you ain't getting a nod.
    Fed up of getting blanked by cruisers, tourers and commuters!

I nod to all,but find the bmw gs owners or Harley owners don't respond........went to France earlier this year,found bikers waving across 4-5 lanes of traffic going in the opposite direction... not to mention all the bikes that went past with their right foot hovering just above the road.
    We went as a group of 7 large bikes,we found kids on Peds loved seeing us and often their passenger taking video of us going past,we could learn a thing from the French, of course they don't have the potholes or the traffic they we have to put up with

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    I get loads of nods although it does tend to be only from other Beemer riders. When I nod to a sportsbike rider, they sometimes seem to be in state of confusion as to what to do and end up doing nothing
    Most times I give a nod or raise a hand so long as I'm not concentrating on a particular road or traffic situation, might explain why you don't get so many from sports bike riders, I know when I'm out on a Gixxer it can get a bit 'frantic' and nodding at someone is sometimes not high up the priority list ; )

My rule is; providing I feel safe to do so I acknowledge anyone on two wheels (yes including 'peds and Harleys, trying to be selective is too much hassle for no good reason) but don't usually keep my gaze on them long enough to see if it's returned or if they went first. I really don'r care whether they do or not unless I'm trying to signal a hazard or 'something else' to them. Givers gain as the saying goes

Maybe Harley will produce a big v-twin trails bike and then you would be guaranteed to be ignored