Notices

Thread: Harley rider looking for a club!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jack930 View Post
    Hi Danny and welcome.. im up for ride out any time as long as its a weekend ,,
    Well as long as it aint raining before hand,,dont mind being out and getting caught in the rain lol .
    Just down the road at Warminster

Jack ;-)
    Ah lovely cheers bud. Was down your way today! I work Saturdays but Sundays are good! Let me know if your out at any point and il do the same what are you riding mate?
    I don't even ride with stabilisers. And what?

Hi and Welcome Danny

I have just gone to the Darkside, and my Harley gets delivered Wednesday! don't think I will be out too much this side of next spring but could be pursauded to go out if there are no clouds about

I got/get a years free HOG membership with mine, NOT sure I will be taking it up thou, as happy waving to other riders on other models!!! lol having said that sometimes even they don't wave back doh!

Quote Originally Posted by MaDMaX68 View Post
    Hi and Welcome Danny

I have just gone to the Darkside, and my Harley gets delivered Wednesday! don't think I will be out too much this side of next spring but could be pursauded to go out if there are no clouds about

I got/get a years free HOG membership with mine, NOT sure I will be taking it up thou, as happy waving to other riders on other models!!! lol having said that sometimes even they don't wave back doh!
    Ah well done mate congratulations! What did you get? That's the trouble with them, I went out Sunday and it got covered had to come home and clean it all up. Haha.

I would have joined hog but begrudged paying the membership fee. Mr Davidson has had enough money from me haha.

[QUOTE=Killerflamingo;468514That's the trouble with them, I went out Sunday and it got covered had to come home and clean it all up. Haha.
    [/QUOTE]

Oops will try and avoid the roads with grass growing in the middle next time ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Killerflamingo View Post
    Ah well done mate congratulations! What did you get? That's the trouble with them, I went out Sunday and it got covered had to come home and clean it all up. Haha.

I would have joined hog but begrudged paying the membership fee. Mr Davidson has had enough money from me haha.

Thanks
    Lol yeah that's the trouble with HD's there not as dear as you might think but once bought you don't realise the attached £300'000 mortgage that is services and accessories lol

I have a 2010 V Rod muscle coming tomorrow my last bike was a 2013 speed triple, after a knee op and a few close calls decided I needed a more comfortable calmer !! Ride lol
    Did take out a dyna wide glide but decided I needed to keep what teeth I had left, just too much vibration for me

Yeah cleanings a bitch he he
    Last edited by MaDMaX68; 18-11-14 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Oops will try and avoid the roads with grass growing in the middle next time ; )
    Haha was awesome. Never been green laning on a harley before

I want a v rod.

They are alot of fun for sure. Especially the v rod. Best harely engine! You'll have some joy out of that

I want a v rod.

They are alot of fun for sure. Especially the v rod. Best harely engine! You'll have some joy out of that
    Patience young Padawan the good thing is they still make them, so they'll be around when you want to get one is your sportster the 833 or 1200 ?
    The Rods def seem to hold their price, I have never owned a HD and heard stories of them not being reliable but I'm guessing your happy with yours ? I bought from a Harley dealer so at least have 12 months warranty and yes I'm hoping to get some joy out of it and some nice sounding upgrades don't they say LOUDER !is safer !

Quote Originally Posted by MaDMaX68 View Post
    Patience young Padawan the good thing is they still make them, so they'll be around when you want to get one is your sportster the 833 or 1200 ?
    The Rods def seem to hold their price, I have never owned a HD and heard stories of them not being reliable but I'm guessing your happy with yours ? I bought from a Harley dealer so at least have 12 months warranty and yes I'm hoping to get some joy out of it and some nice sounding upgrades don't they say LOUDER !is safer !
    883 not even the big one
    The first upgrade I made was a new slip on exhaust. Sound's lovely now lost a bit of power though which is annoying.
    But Yeh never had any trouble. Well in the 2 months iv had it but Harley do seem to charge a Rediculous price for absolutely everything. So check the net before going through the dealership!

883 not even the big one
    The first upgrade I made was a new slip on exhaust. Sound's lovely now lost a bit of power though which is annoying.
    But Yeh never had any trouble. Well in the 2 months iv had it but Harley do seem to charge a Rediculous price for absolutely everything. So check the net before going through the dealership!
    Yeah I had a sissybar n rack fitted to keep the other half happy at a cost of over £400 !

Don't know about the sportsters but with the V rods you can change the silencers and exhausts but if you change the air filters you have to get them tuned also if the replacement exhausts have little if no back pressure then there is a loss of power

Maybe you just need to get a sports filter and a tune believe HD call it a stage 1 tune (exhaust/filter/tune)

Seems to be the choice for most of the air cooled Harley's

Hope it's dry tomorrow so at least I can take it up the road