Did my first very long ride on the CBR on Saturday - took the A345 from Pewsey to Salisbury, and then the A354 down to Weymouth for a bit of breakfast. Then took the coast road to Lyme Regis for a cup of tea on the seafront and headed on towards Exeter. Hopped onto the M5 and then the A30, and then off the A30 to Moretonhampstead. Had a baptism of fire coming off the A30 - you filter off and wait to cross the opposite carriageway, waiting for a gap in the (terrifyingly fast to me) traffic. My boyfriend went first and I had to wait for ages after him - all I could think of was "for gods's sake, don't bloody stall when you pull away". He admitted he was quite worried about me and could do nothing but wait for me to make it safely . Had lunch in Moretonhampstead and then we made our way back along the A382, M5 and then along the A303 all the way home.

It's done wonders for my confidence as there was a bit of everything involved - motorways, dual carriageways, lots of corners, parking up etc. Also feeling a bit more used to the CBR now - it's so different from the Gladius. The road down to Weymouth and on to Lyme Regis is a lovely route - well worth doing! In all we were out from 7.30 to 4.30 and got back VERY stiff and cold