Notices

Thread: The new R1 release

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    I can't see many people being able to justify £16k on a 'toy' and this new R1 isn't exactly a commuting tool. Unless it depreciates massively (which means it's way overpriced or not very good) then second hand models won't even be affordable before the next new R1 is released!
    I wouldn't think of it that way. How many wealthy mid life crisis, sunny sunday riders will see the specs on paper and then look at the cost monthly over 3 years. I doubt many will sell outright cash sales but PCP type "rent a bike" sales will be where it's at. After 3 years those garage queens will get chopped in for a newer one and the dealers will have a predictable stock of low mileage 2nd hand ones to finance on to the people that need slightly lower payment plans, a few years after that is when they will change hands private sale for cash.

Bike makers are just copying cars, look at some of the cash prices on small hatchbacks, absolutely crazy for what you get but they know most people don't even look at that they just look at what they pay per month over the few years they "own" (rent) it.

These bikes with their massive list of electronics and high price tags are more about showing off than having cheap fun at high speed...... if you want that there is little need to spend more than £2k on a GSXR750 SRAD or even just a few hundred pounds on a ZZR.

Sorry if above is a bit rambly my morning Tramadol is kicking in

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    if you want that there is little need to spend more than £2k on a GSXR750 SRAD or even just a few hundred pounds on a ZZR.
    Add a few hundred £ to that and I've a nice lil' GSXR750Y you can have now that my 'new' toy has arrived, not exactly R1 performance but quick enough to put a smile on your face ; )