Notices

Thread: Bleeding the back brake!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got a rear m/c from a ZZR lying around if it is suitable you are welcome to borrow it to try.

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice, I suspect their may be a problem with the master cylinder or the pipe that connect it to the reservoir. Only because, when the piston is pushed back into the calliper there's pressure and this doesn't rely on the cylinder to generate the pressure.

Thanks for the offer of the loan of the ZZR cylinder it looks the same as mine. If you want to PM me your address and are about Saturday afternoon I could call in a pick it up. Cheers John

PM sent

Thanks for all your suggestions and full marks to Snowy, after a bit more tinkering, decided to have another go at the master cylinder. Don't know how? but the master cylinder must have been full of air, primed it using the reservoir and pipe assembly off the bike and hey presto.

Result! Nice one

now if you fancy a go with a Guzzi 500 rear !!! PitA, as foot pedal operates rear and front left discs.. just cant get no sense , priming , changing , back bleeding or vacuum bleeding the thing.