Notices

Thread: Music!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Had to look that up. Problem solved...it's not 'music'...simply noise pollution. Stoppittttt.
    Isn't that an AC/DC track?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Personally I think they're awful - similar to playing music on your phone through the loudspeaker while you walk down the road. In a car the music is contained to the people inside the car, on a bike like this it's subjecting everyone else to it!
    Apparently this is known as "Sodcasting"

Not my thing. I can't imagine the sound quality is too good either so defeats the object really.

The only IM of which I was aware was an instument of inhumane torture. Having G**gled this lot, I see that it still is
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

God Awful idea music on a bike, i prefer to ride with people who have full on concentration rather than singing along with anything that is polluting the current hit parade or on at the the local discotheque.

Anyway, my V&H Urban brawlers are better than any soundtrack know to mankind.

I would rather just listen to my Akropovics popping and banging away. We don't even use rider to passenger intercom as a tap on the leg seems to suffice unless I go head on towards a car them it's a thumb in the kidney's

Quote Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
    anything that is polluting the current hit parade or on at the the local discotheque.
    I expect you can remember when all this was fields too!

Riding a bike is about focus on the ride for me not music or any other distractions but each to their own.

The only time I experienced the effect was on a group ride when one chap insisted that listening to classical music through his blue tooth set soothed him and aided concentration. To be fair he was quite new to bikes having only passed his test 2 or 3 years before but following him in the group one morning he had more than enough near misses, misread corners and non-spotted hazards for me to make sure I was well ahead of him when he was following me later in the day - not sure whether this was directly related to the music listening though, if it did aid his concentration then god knows what he was like without it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    I would rather just listen to my Akropovics popping and banging away. We don't even use rider to passenger intercom as a tap on the leg seems to suffice unless I go head on towards a car them it's a thumb in the kidney's
    I thought about getting an intercom once, but the thought of listening to my then GF whilst riding put me right off
    As for music while riding?? Tried it and didn't like it. Rubbish idea

Music via Bluetooth definitely didn't aid my concentration, it did make constantly whizzing around a small delivery area a bit less dull though, also being able to make phone calls to customers without removing lid was a big bonus.

Much as I like the sound of the Sprint I do spend 2 hours a day on it, I don't think it hinders my concentration in any way, over 50mph I can't hear it anyway so won't get in the way of normal riding. Around town it is handy sitting at traffic lights or when stuck in normal traffic. I find that if my concentration ever slips it's time to pull up and smell some coffee.

May go off the idea but it's fun for now, don't think I would enforce it on other riders though...