Notices

Thread: Music!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I use a Scala Rider bike to bike intercom with my wife, so that we can talk as we ride along, and also so that when we are riding alone we can listen to the radio/music via phone, or even receive phone calls on the go.

Most the time i don't bother with the radio/music, unless i'm on a long ride, otherwise if i'm on the ride with my wife we tend to inform each other of directions, and overtakes and any hazards we've come across, as the headsets have a range of about 2Km's

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I expect you can remember when all this was fields too!
    And you could get a gallon of petrol, portion of chips a curly wurly and still have change from a pound

Quote Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
    And you could get a gallon of petrol, portion of chips a curly wurly and still have change from a pound
    .... and the Wagon Wheels were bigger!

Platinum Member
    I use noise cancelling headphones.
    I never used to use earplugs - but because I do so many miles (at high revs) I noticed that my hearing was becoming affected - so I switched to listening to my music.

Nothing can beat Lynard Skynrd on a fast long run......

Diamond Member
    I have a Scala G9 and listen to music most of the time either via the Satnav or phone. I've been listening to music either in the car or on the bike for the last 36 years so I guess I'm used to it. Does it distract me from my driving? I don't think so but then its not a controlled experiment so there's no way of knowing - I guess the proof lies with my 34 year old no claims bonus

I have an Autocom system which gives me full comms capability, ie sat nav, walkie talkie, music. Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I don't, it really depends on my mood and the type of riding I am doing. If its a short gentle commute to work then I may put some music on. If I'm on a progressive ride through twisties requiring 100 per cent concentration then music is off.

Having the music was invaluable when I was doing the first leg of my euro tour this year. 8 hours, of mostly inane boring german autobahn, the music just about kept me sane.